Beauty trends to create brilliant products
WGSN Beauty helps new product developers create the next generation of instant-hit and long-term hero products. From skincare to colour cosmetics, to hair, grooming and fragrance, WGSN Beauty provides the right information at the right time
Develop the best products, respect the planet and deliver for your bottom line
- 2-5 year-out trend forecasting for long-lead product development
- 12-18 months out reports on seasonal gifting, innovations and key lifestyle trends
- Emerging trends and trade show coverage for the right now
The most relevant and sustainable ingredients to invest in now for 3-5 years’ time
- Long-range forecasts for ingredients reveal the beauty trends and influences that will have the greatest future impact
- The evolution of ingredients. From current hot trends like CBD oil – as predicted by WGSN two years ago – to those hitting mass-market tipping point, such as coconut oil and charcoal, and onto the future
Texture & Fragrance
Create a user experience to drive customer loyalty and repeat purchases
- 3-5 year-out forecasts of the sensory experiences that will shape product and packaging
- 2 year-out seasonal forecasts on materials and textures
- Emerging trends from industries impacting beauty including food, fashion and art
A beauty-specific edit of WGSN’s global colour forecast for the season
- Palettes and usages by category, 2-5 years out, from the team that predicted Millennial Pink and Neo Mint
- Key colours for future packaging
Aesthetic trends in packaging 2 years out to give confidence in design and development
- Innovations and trends to create compelling and sustainable packaging to attract the consumer both in-store and online
- In-depth analysis on how to evolve sustainably, while retaining a luxury experience
- Best-in-class strategies from brands leading the way on sustainability in the beauty industry and beyond
Meet the experts
Jenni has been an editor for more than 20 years on titles such as Professional Beauty and Retail Jeweller, where she honed her expert knowledge of consumer behaviour, retail innovation and product trends. Prior to joining WGSN she was the editor of Nursing Times, the UK’s leading nursing title. In 2015 she was named Editor of the Year at the Medical Journalists’ Association awards and in 2016 she scooped both the British Society of Magazine Editors and the PPA Awards Editor of the Year.
Associate Editor, Packaging
Harriet focuses on delivering sustainable solutions and strategies in packaging by applying the lens of how people live their lives and the problems they want brands to solve. Before she joined WGSN she worked at Kantar in its creative marketing consultancy business.
Retail Editor, Insight
Laura’s forecasting work focuses on emerging retail trends, store design and consumer and shopper insights. She creates expert content that focuses on consumer insights, international business strategies and brand communications. Frequently attending and reporting from global retail and luxury conferences, she is an accomplished presenter, facilitator and panelist.
Associate Editor Insight
Jemma’s consumer forecasting at WGSN focuses on tracking regional trends and analysing big ideas. She specialises in generational insights and emerging attitudes. She has a wide knowledge of global consumer mindsets and marketplaces. Before joining WGSN Jemma worked in art direction at Seoul advertising and marketing agency Innocean Worldwide and was part of an award-winning campaign team for Hyundai.
Editor, Experience Design & Visual Merchandising
Claire’s forecasting work focuses on emerging trends in spatial and experience design, as well as innovative store design concepts and global visual merchandising trends. She is an expert in the strategic design of spaces and how stores can adapt to evolving consumer mindsets. Frequently attending and reporting from art fairs and design weeks, she is an accomplished photographer with a strong visual eye which has also lent itself to overseeing the WGSN Instagram.
Consultant, WGSN Mindset
With a background in trend forecasting and strategic advisory, Adrien’s work at WGSN is focused on the luxury and beauty sectors, advising companies on projects that range from consumer insights to retail strategy, innovation, product development and marketing. Adrien has worked and lived in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Paris and New York, and now London. A cross cultural background he uses to help companies ranging from global beauty groups to top luxury goods and services companies across the globe.
Lorna has been analysing and forecasting business trends in retail for the last 22 years. Prior to joining WGSN in 2009 she was the Executive Editor of UK fashion business magazine Drapers. Her skill is in identifying the big shifts in retail and their impacts on the way brands will need to do business in the future. In 2016 she led the launch of WGSN’s consumer-focused platform WGSN Insight.
Senior Editor, Lifestyle & Interiors
Sarah’s areas of expertise are technology, design futures and materials innovation. She has extensive experience working with global clients on consumer electronics, health and wellness, and product design projects. She is adept at understanding how product innovation shifts the consumer mindset and changes lifestyles, and identifies the resulting opportunities for brands. Trained in 3D design, Sarah has worked as a designer, writer and editor before joining WGSN.