This website (“the Website“) is operated by WGSN Limited, Company Number 04858491 (England) and whose registered address is c/o Ascential Group Limited, The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London W1B 5AP (“WGSN“).
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using the Website. By accessing any part of the Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions in full, regardless of whether or not you choose to register as a member on the Website. If you do not accept these Terms & Conditions, you must leave the Website immediately.
WGSN may revise these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting an update on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms & Conditions and they shall be binding on you. You should therefore check the Website from time to time to review the then current Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions were last updated in January 2016.
Whilst WGSN endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, it shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reasonable cause.
You acknowledge that whilst WGSN endeavours to ensure that information on the Website and any related material provided to you by WGSN, whether by email or otherwise (“the WGSN Materials”)) is accurate and complete, it is provided only for general information, is not intended to address your particular requirements and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by WGSN. You acknowledge that the WGSN Materials should not be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment or other business or personal decisions and acknowledge that professional advice should be obtained before making any such decision. Finally, you acknowledge that some of the content may be supplied by third parties and the accuracy and completeness of it will not have been checked by WGSN.
WGSN will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website and the WGSN Materials do not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code. However, it is recommended that you should virus check all such materials and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code.
3. Use of Website Content
All intellectual property rights in the WGSN Materials are reserved by WGSN or its licensors or users (as applicable).
You agree that in using the WGSN Materials you shall (except where otherwise agreed in writing with WGSN):
- use them only in accordance with the following permitted uses:
- viewing them on a computer screen and printing not more than one copy of them (and not further copying them);
- where and to the extent (only) that permission to download and store them is specifically granted in the relevant WGSN Materials (if at all), downloading and storing the content on the hard disk of your computer or portable media but not making any further transfer or copy of it; and
- making only such other use (if any) of them as may be specifically authorised in the WGSN Materials.
For the avoidance of doubt, you agree not to distribute, reproduce, modify, store, transfer or in any other way use any of the WGSN Materials (including as part of any database, library, news, information, archive, website or similar service) other than as set out above.
- not create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes any WGSN Materials;
- not disseminate advertisements on the Website or use the WGSN Materials for any other commercial purposes (which would include using them to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services);
- not transmit or re-circulate any WGSN Materials to any third party (unless specifically authorised to do so by WGSN);
- not remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from the WGSN Materials;
- not disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- not disseminate any material which is or may infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party or be unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience or may restrict or inhibit the use of the Website by any person or which constitutes or encourages conduct that may be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability in any country in the world;
- not disseminate any material which does or may bring WGSN or any of its brands or subsidiaries into dispute or in any way damage their reputation;
- not disseminate any material that may interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data; and
- not post link(s) that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions.
Additional terms may apply to:
- any purchases or subscriptions you make through the Website;
- registration to the Website and/or any other email alert or other related services; and
- any promotion, competition or draw appearing on the Website.
4. Use of Software
Copyright in any software that is made available for download from the Website and/or the WGSN Materials belongs to WGSN or its suppliers. Your use of the software is governed by the terms of any licence agreement that may accompany or be included with it. Do not install or use any software unless you agree to such licence agreement.
5. User Generated Content
The pages of the Website where you are capable of posting content are provided for your private, non-commercial exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the Website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. By submitting any content to the Website, you:
- grant WGSN the right to use such content and all material embodied therein for any purposes including, without limitation, to edit, copy, reproduce, translate, disclose, post and/or remove such content from the Website and hereby waive all of the moral rights that you have under Chapter IV of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 in respect of any material you post to the Website;
- warrant to WGSN that all such content complies with the provisions of Clause 3; and
- acknowledge that WGSN may require you to confirm the above rights and warranties and agree to do so within 7 days of any request from WGSN.
WGSN reserves the right (but not the obligation) at its sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the Website without the need to give any reasons for doing so. However, WGSN will not review the materials that you or anyone else makes to the Website and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that WGSN is aware of it. If you object to the publication of any material placed on the Website please contact WGSN using the Web Editor contact details shown on the “Contact Us” section of the Website and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
WGSN accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on the Website by users.
6. Links to and from other websites
Links on the Website to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. WGSN has not reviewed these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. WGSN therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found on them, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
You may link to the home page of the Website but strictly only on the basis that you do not replicate the home page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website;
- you do not in any way imply any endorsement by WGSN other than with its written consent or misrepresent your relationship with WGSN;
- you do not use any logos or trade marks displayed on the Website without the express written permission of WGSN;
- you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
You may link to other pages of the Website only with the prior written consent of WGSN and subject always to the obligations set out in this Clause 6. If you wish to do so, please contact WGSN using the contact details shown on the “Contact Us” section of the Website.
7. Trade Marks
All WGSN trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and graphics, logos, designs, page headers and button icons are the intellectual property rights of WGSN and neither they nor any confusingly similar versions may be used by you including (but not limited to) as part of any trade marks and/or domain names without the prior written consent of WGSN other than for the purpose of referring to WGSN and its associated brands lawfully and in good faith (only).
8. Suspension of access to the Website and User Indemnities
If, for any reason, WGSN believes that you have not complied with any of these Terms & Conditions it may, at its sole discretion, cancel your access to the registration sections of the Website immediately and without giving you any advance notice.
Without prejudice to the provisions of Clause 9, you agree to compensate WGSN in respect of any claims, losses, expenses and/or liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your use of the Website and/or the WGSN Materials (or by a third party using your user name and password) including in particular (but not limited to) any statements, contributions or other content posted on the Website or any breach of Clause
9. Limitation of WGSN’s Liability
WGSN will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by WGSN or its employees or sub-contractors in circumstances where:
- there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by WGSN (or its employees or sub-contractors); or
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; or
- in respect of any increase in the loss or damage resulting from your actions.
Without prejudice to the preceding paragraph but subject to the paragraph below, any liability of WGSN arising in respect of your use of the Website and/or the WGSN Materials (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) shall be limited in aggregate to five hundred pounds sterling (£500) per event unless otherwise agreed in writing between us.
Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall exclude or limit WGSN’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by the negligence of WGSN and/or its employees negligence; or
- fraudulent misrepresentation by WGSN and/or its employee
10. Privacy and Cookies Policy
The provision of personal information by you and use of it and cookies by WGSN is subject to WGSN’s Privacy and Cookies Policy available as a link to this Website.
In the event that any provision of these Terms & Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.