Create and seize the future, today
Harnessing years of trend experience, we bring our forecasting expertise to the world of food and drink, enabling innovators to create and seize the future, today.
By providing global trend insights, expertly curated data and industry expertise, we empower you to develop today the products and services that people will want to eat, drink and experience tomorrow.
Create for the future, now
Tap into food futures to leverage the right trends – from ingredients and health to tech and packaging – to innovate and meet consumers’ changing needs and tastes.
Plan now, seize the future
Develop and implement strategic solutions to deliver the right products and experiences that will resonate with consumers and help redefine the future of food and drink.
Understand your consumer and anticipate their needs
Tap into WGSN's trend expertise and gain a 360º view of the broader consumer goods industry
- Identify and meet the needs of your food and drink personas distilled from WGSN’s flagship Future Consumer forecast
- Discover the macro societal drivers impacting your industry and your future strategy
- Benefit from the WGSN global view thanks to our extensive network of industry experts on the ground, from LA and London to São Paulo and Hong Kong
Make confident decisions
Leverage insights into evolving consumer values and food and drink trends, from up-to-the-minute trends to 10-year forecasts
- Tap into food and drink futures by tracking the need-to-know trends in food and drink, ingredients, cuisine and flavours, health and wellness, sustainability and packaging
- Be confident and validate your thinking at every step of the process with consumer and category forecasts
- Think strategically with our insights and actionable recommendations covered in every report and forecast
Get the timing right
Understand trend growth and adoption for your brand and consumer
- Know when to adopt a trend with WGSN’s proprietary data and insight Trend Curve reports
- Align product development, marketing and retail buying with consumer insights as well as short- and mid-term forecasts
- Get daily inspiration and fresh ideas from WGSN’s proprietary Food & Drink Feed, a curated edit of the key emerging trends from across the world
- Plan efficiently by tracking the major changes and the disruptors, innovators and influencers shaking up the industry
Oat milk? Yeah, we called it.
- Back in 2014, WGSN forecast the mainstreaming of plant-based lifestyles amid consumers’ growing allergy, health, sustainability and animal welfare concerns. By 2018, plant-based food sales growth was ten times that of all retail foods – with oat milk becoming the fastest-growing plant-based milk in the US and UK.
- Explore our trend confirmation to find out how WGSN called out the oat milk trend – four years before it happened.
Meet the experts
Part trend forecaster, part futurist, Andrea has in-depth knowledge of the consumer marketplace and behavioral shifts that impact society. She leads our future consumer analysis and works with global brands to create world-class strategies.
Andrea is in demand as an international speaker, recently appearing at Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, MoMA and NRF’s Big Show in New York. Her consumer expertise has been featured in numerous publications, including Vogue, Business of Fashion, and The Wall Street Journal.
Andrea’s special skills include never losing a game of Scrabble and always befriending the dog at any social gathering.
Director, Food & Drink
An established food trend expert, Kara leads WGSN’s team of strategists in creating insightful reports and forecasts on global food and drink trends.
Kara has years of experience in the strategic innovation sector, researching, writing and speaking about how to translate trends for new product development. She has shared insights with numerous food brands and previously worked at CCD Innovation, Sterling-Rice Group and CEB Iconoculture Consumer Insights.
Based in San Francisco, Kara has experience as a restaurant pastry chef and holds a master's degree in food studies.
Creative Director; Director, Lifestyle & Interiors
A future thinker with over 25 years of experience, Lisa is an expert in lifestyle and design and has predicted key long-term trends such as experience design and the home hub. Her industry knowledge, creativity and cutting-edge eye drive WGSN’s future innovation and macro trends, as well as product development forecasts.
In demand as a speaker, Lisa curated the 2019 International Design Biennale in Saint-Étienne, France. She has been quoted in numerous publications, including the WSJ, Le Monde, Corriere Della Sera, and the South China Morning Post.
On weekends, Lisa can be found working culture into horticulture, and vice-versa.
Head of Insight
Coming from a media and creative background, Joe is an industry leader in analysis and insight in consumer forecasting, market-research and business strategy, assisting clients looking to future-proof their businesses. He manages a global team of experts tracking consumer, marketing, retail and innovation trends.
Joe is a respected thought leader, with international publications and events seeking his input. He previously worked for two of the globe’s largest communications networks, Omnicom and WPP’s Mindshare, where he helped brands execute award-winning advertising campaigns in sport, fashion and entertainment.
If you were wondering, yes, Joe wrote this about himself in the third person.
Head of Food & Drink
Jen heads up a global team of food and drink strategists, analysts and trend forecasters. Always starting with customer insight, she delivers data-led trend content that enables clients to make confident decisions.
Having worked in the food and drink space for over 15 years, Jen has consulted with brands across the globe to develop future strategies. As content director of Retail Week, she set the vision for its intelligence resource, Retail Week Prospect, to provide access to the strategies and financial data of UK retailers.
Jen is passionate about the natural world and is a member of several conservation groups.
Head of Research
Ella is obsessed with the human condition and understanding why we do the things we do, citing people-watching as a favourite pastime.
Sitting at the intersection of WGSN's products to coordinate strategists, analysts and researchers from around the world, Ella's position supports each team to deliver accurate, human-centred recommendations that enable clients to make decisions with confidence.
Ella’s previous experience includes roles at Sunspel, Chloé and Vivienne Westwood, specialising in accessories and jewellery.
A born and bred Londoner, Ella can be coaxed away from city life at the promise of a brisk walk and a good pub lunch.
Head of Data Analysis
Sara's data expertise combined with trends knowledge built over five years at WGSN gives her a powerful blend of maths and creativity.
Sara leads a team of data analysts with an objective to extract value from cross-business data to provide insights on trends, product performance and market dynamics. They help clients make actionable, data-informed decisions across multiple verticals, such as WGSN Fashion, Beauty, and Food & Drink.
A lifelong learner, Sara is furthering her background in economics, statistics, and fashion buying and merchandising with an MSc in applied statistics to continue to bring world-class statistical analysis to WGSN.
Senior Strategist, Insight
Laura is an expert forecaster in the retail space, exploring how the landscape is shifting and analysing consumer attitudes. A specialist in store design, luxury commerce and shopper behaviour, she identifies new consumer tribes, emerging business strategies and the future of the store.
Laura has worked on bespoke consultancy projects and presentations for global brands, including LVMH and Bulgari. An accomplished public speaker and panellist, she reports on conferences and events around the world. She also has a first-class honours degree from Oxford University.
When not examining trends, Laura can be found in a sunny climate practising her multilingual skills.