Beauty trends to create brilliant products
WGSN Beauty helps new product developers create the next generation of instant-hit and long-term hero products. From skincare to colour cosmetics, to hair, grooming and fragrance, WGSN Beauty provides the right information at the right time
Develop the best products, respect the planet and deliver for your bottom line
- 2-5 year-out trend forecasting for long-lead product development
- 12-18 months out reports on seasonal gifting, innovations and key lifestyle trends
- Emerging trends and trade show coverage for the right now
The most relevant and sustainable ingredients to invest in now for 3-5 years’ time
- Long-range forecasts for ingredients reveal the beauty trends and influences that will have the greatest future impact
- The evolution of ingredients. From current hot trends like CBD oil – as predicted by WGSN two years ago – to those hitting mass-market tipping point, such as coconut oil and charcoal, and onto the future
Texture & Fragrance
Create a user experience to drive customer loyalty and repeat purchases
- 3-5 year-out forecasts of the sensory experiences that will shape product and packaging
- 2 year-out seasonal forecasts on materials and textures
- Emerging trends from industries impacting beauty including food, fashion and art
A beauty-specific edit of WGSN’s global colour forecast for the season
- Palettes and usages by category, 2-5 years out, from the team that predicted Millennial Pink and Neo Mint
- Key colours for future packaging
Aesthetic trends in packaging 2 years out to give confidence in design and development
- Innovations and trends to create compelling and sustainable packaging to attract the consumer both in-store and online
- In-depth analysis on how to evolve sustainably, while retaining a luxury experience
- Best-in-class strategies from brands leading the way on sustainability in the beauty industry and beyond
Meet the experts
Director of Beauty
Jenni helps clients respond to the fast pace of change in product design, consumer demand and retail. She heads up a team of beauty, sustainability and forecasting experts to let businesses know what to launch and when to launch it.
Championing the role the beauty industry plays in supporting physical and mental wellbeing, Jenni guides businesses towards ethical and sustainable best practice. She has presented at international conferences on retail, health and beauty for over 20 years, as well as leading consultancy projects for global businesses.
Jenni enjoys baking, tennis, weightlifting and attending vintage-themed events.
Head of Beauty
Clare marries an understanding of product design and innovative technology to create future visions for customers in manufacturing and retail. She is interested in how human behaviour influences the products and services people want to buy.
With a background in performance sport and knowledge of colour psychology, health and wellness, Clare helps shape the future trends across WGSN.
An engaging speaker, Clare has presented for global brands and industry events. As a media commentator, she is known for her long-range vision and perceptive trend naming.
Clare loves sport, especially rugby and cricket. She also enjoys watercolour painting and DIY.
Consultant Director, WGSN Mindset
Greer works with clients across beauty, fashion, textiles and electronics, directing projects that provide bespoke creative and strategic solutions. She specialises in a ‘glocal’ approach. Prior to moving to London in 2018 she worked for WGSN across Asia for seven years.
Head of Materials
Helen enables creative teams to translate future concepts into material realities. Her training and background are rooted in materials and textiles and she has 25 years’ experience working with brands across Europe and Asia. Helen creates direct connections between future concept and commercial product, enabling WGSN clients to stay ahead in an ever-changing competitive landscape.
Retail Editor, Insight
Laura’s forecasting work focuses on emerging retail trends, store design and consumer and shopper insights. She creates expert content that focuses on consumer insights, international business strategies and brand communications. Frequently attending and reporting from global retail and luxury conferences, she is an accomplished presenter, facilitator and panelist.
Senior Editor, Retail Intelligence
Petah tracks retail and consumer trends. She’s an award-winning journalist and trend forecaster who has worked in the retail and lifestyle industries for more than a decade. Her expertise is in identifying emerging consumer shifts and translating them into the strategies that businesses need to implement to stay relevant into the future. Her role also sees her work on a consultancy basis, advising on business and consumer strategies. She speaks regularly at global events such as Shoptalk in Las Vegas, World Retail Congress and Web Summit.
Senior Editor, Beauty
Theresa Yee is a beauty editor with 12 years’ experience in the global cosmetics industry. Prior to joining WGSN she worked across consumer magazines and at the luxury beauty retailer Space NK. An experienced trend forecaster, she has consulted on projects with leading beauty brands across the UK, US and Asia. Theresa travels extensively, attending trade shows and events in New York, Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Paris. She is a trusted commentator on the beauty industry, widely quoted in newspapers and magazines and a regular contributor to expert beauty podcasts.
Senior Editor, Lifestyle & Interiors
Sarah’s areas of expertise are technology, design futures and materials innovation. She has extensive experience working with global clients on consumer electronics, health and wellness, and product design projects. She is adept at understanding how product innovation shifts the consumer mindset and changes lifestyles, and identifies the resulting opportunities for brands. Trained in 3D design, Sarah has worked as a designer, writer and editor before joining WGSN.