Materials & Textiles Trends
The materials and textiles area is applicable to the entire product development pipeline.
Active Textiles Forecast A/W 19/20: Knits & Wovens
A/W 19/20 sees active textiles become more expressive, with 'non sports' fabrics and unexpected textures.Get Report
How we help
At WGSN, we know the challenges within the market, anticipate our customers needs and deliver the right content at the right time.
- We help textiles mills work ahead of retailers and brands, with inspirational and informational reports which enable you to anticipate what retailers are looking for by season.
- WGSN trend and analysis allows everyone to be on the same page and time line, from mill through to manufacturer, buyer and designer.
- Our Forecasts reports offer inspiration and product development ideas to designers, manufacturers and mills.
- We provide essential direction for designers, developers, manufacturers and yarn and fibre producers, with exclusive samples from studios, creatives and mills.
WGSN's Materials & Textiles Customers
WGSN’s subscription offers leading market content and resources for roles across the business, including fabric and trims design, sourcing, development or buying, as well as apparel design, manufacturing, sourcing, buying or merchandising.
Our clients include fibre and yarn producers, textiles, materials and trims mills, garment manufacturers, retail brands and designers.
Industry Specific Features
- Seasonal Forecasts: Surface & Materials, Knit & Jersey, Textiles, Trims & Embellishments
- Textiles Sourcing Guides showcase essential and actionable fabrics in collaboration with mills from around the world and highlight key textiles and mills to look out for at upcoming global trade events
- Fabrics China Selection presents an edit of fashion-led woven and knitted fabric collections from Chinese mills
- Trade show reports: Spinexpo, Première Vision, Milano Unica, Interfilière, Pitti Filati, Intertextile, Lineapelle
- Catwalk Analysis: Comprehensive textiles and trims catwalk analysis for women’s and men’s apparel categories
- Innovation & sustainability reports highlight the key fibres, textiles, processes, products and brands pushing the boundaries in innovation or sustainability
From the Blog...
Bryan Blue plays zeitgeist with his new zine
June 21, 2018 | Quentin Humphrey
Art and joie de vivre with Nathalie Decoster
May 30, 2018 | Nicole Hurip
Exhibits to check out during NYCxDesign
May 17, 2018 | Taryn Tavella
Selfridges Flipside exhibition: Exploring the future of luxury
May 14, 2018 | Rebecca Stevenson
Neo Mint – The S/S 2020 colour
May 10, 2018 | Jane Boddy
WGSN Materials & Textiles Experts
Director of Knitwear, Materials & Textiles
Helen is a knitwear and yarn expert with over 17 years' experience in design, product development and trend forecasting. A visionary for design organisations such as Peclers Paris, International Textiles Magazine and Première Vision, she also contributes creative direction for fast-fashion high-street multiples in Europe and the US, and collaborates on yarn innovation with spinning-industry leaders on a seasonal basis.
Senior Editor, Textiles
Trained in weave, Julia’s experience covers high-end to high-street levels of the textile industry. Her prior experience includes designing and developing fabric samples for luxury brands, as well as working on print for Abercrombie & Fitch and Marks & Spencer. Julia is enthusiastic about the role of artisanship and handcraft within the mass-market.
Senior Editor, Materials & Knitwear
Charlotte brings a wealth of knitwear design expertise to WGSN, having previously worked with a diverse range of brands and labels such as Winni Lok, New Look, Nicole Farhi and McQ for Alexander McQueen. With a balance of creativity and commercial relevance, she delivers for WGSN a comprehensive offer of seasonal and close-to-season knitwear trends and analysis reportage across men's and women's apparel categories.