These boots were made for more than walking. From key silhouettes to vamp details and new construction technologies, discover the most directional movements afoot in the footwear industry, from heel shapes and materials to trims and counter details.
Key Materials & Details Pre-Summer 19: Footwear & Accessories
Analysis of the important material, embellishment and hardware trends from the catwalksGet Report
How we help
What’s after the Athleisure influence? What’s the next velvet baroque print covering our feet? At WGSN, our editors travel the world, attend & study what they see at trade shows and carry-out intense catwalks analysis to predict the next big footwear trends from two years ahead to today.
- Streamline your design process with tools to help you through every stage from concept to technical development.
- Make design decisions with confidence, with design intelligence targeted to your market, including up to four years for active.
- Inspire your team with big ideas that will shape the footwear industry two years ahead of time.
- Make smarter close to season decisions with commercial updates tailored to your market.
WGSN Footwear Customers
WGSN helps the full range of job roles within the market, including buyers, designers, merchandisers, marketers, material, colour and product designers.
Industry Specific Features
Our subscription services include in-depth reporting and analysis on the following categories:
- Big Ideas: Provides insight into the key themes to shape the market, two years ahead of season.
- Core Colour: Colour palettes two years out to kickstart your planning.
- Category Updates: Essential direction for commercial product development on the must-have items for the season one year ahead of retail. Includes shapes, colours, materials and details.
- Catwalks: Complete analysis and overview of the catwalk season. Key Items and Must-Have edits, tailored for each category.
- Trade Shows: Industry trade show coverage including CIFF & Revolver, The Jewellery Room, Accessorie Circuit, Premium, Seek & Bright, JCK & Couture, Baselworld, Lineapelle, Premiere Classe and more.
We also offer custom advisory services to help you understand and apply these trends to your business.
From the Blog...
ATTN: Female sneaker lovers, this is the podcast for you
June 15, 2018 | Sidney Morgan-Petro
Graduate Fashion Week 2018: The ones to watch
June 7, 2018 | Dan Bisson
Peak sneaker: Kurt Geiger CEO predicts the return of the heel
June 7, 2018 | Alice Gividen
Mules: Disturbing the footwear market
May 25, 2018 | Isabelle Coates
The transparent trend: SS18 and beyond
May 19, 2018 | Nicole McLennan
WGSN Footwear Experts
Director of Footwear and Accessories
With over 10 years experience in design, trend forecasting and product development, Claire has a diverse resume spanning consultancy projects with Swarovski, Pandora, Next and Topman and analyzing trends for both WGSN and Stylesight. Claire directs all content for womenswear and Menswear and has an in -depth knowledge of the international commercial market and a strong understanding of how big ideas can shape the future.
Editor, Footwear & Accessories
Dan joined WGSN as Editor of Footwear and Accessories from freelancing as a Footwear Designer. Dan has an array of knowledge in formal, casual and sport footwear design as well as colour and material and product development skills. Previous roles include working for premium sport brand Lacoste where he worked as the trend designer creating directional and commercial footwear for global markets. Dan often travelled to Asian factories to develop the collections, seeing the designers through from start to finish.
Head of Fashion
Catriona Macnab, Head of Fashion at WGSN, is a creative trend forecaster and is based at WGSN’s office in London. Macnab joined WGSN 12 years ago, fostering WGSN’s authority in trend futures across the fashion and creative industries. Macnab leads a team which advises fashion and design companies from luxury groups to multi-national stores and specialist brands on what is coming next in areas such as colour, fabric and style.
Director of Retail & Buying
Sara graduated with a BA (Hons) in Fashion Styling and Photography from London College of Fashion and has worked as a photographer for publications such as Vogue.it. As Director of Retail & Buying, Sara heads up WGSN's What’s In Store directory, and compiles key reports such as seasonal buyers briefings.