Food & Drink Trends
From emerging ingredients to shifting consumer attitudes, the food and drink industry is trend-rich, highly dynamic and always changing. We cover every aspect of food and beverage insight and innovation, including new food experience design, spaces and places, packaging and tableware.
Future Food: The New Sugar Boom
While the war on sugar continues, consumers still opt for confectionery.Get Report
Who We Help?
We work across the industry to help our customers understand ever-changing consumer and market trends, from macro attitude shifts and restaurant trends to detailed ingredient, flavor and packaging updates. Our team of experts develops actionable insights on everything you need to know:
– Stay informed with in-depth insight into consumer behaviours and eating habits across generations and geographies
– Spearhead innovation with key design directions across food products, packaging, gifting and sustainability solutions
– Stay ahead with dedicated forecasts across lifestyles, interiors, food, drink, scents & packages, two years ahead of market
– Be inspired by innovation across sectors including brands to watch, future of retail, business and story strategy insight and store design
WGSN Food & Drink Customers
WGSN benefits and provides actionable insight, information and inspiration to job roles across food services and consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies. Whether you support your business as a Brand Manager, Consumer Researcher, Designer, Strategist, Consumer Researcher, Merchandiser or Food Innovator, WGSN can support you.
Industry Specific Features
Our subscription service includes in-depth reporting on the following categories:
Consumer Insight: by generation and psychographic
– Trends: the latest trends in products, packaging, pairings, flavors & ingredients, drink & scent concepts, design and gifting
– Trade Shows: analysis and coverage of major F&B shows, including IFE, Summer Fancy Food Show and Imbibe
– Retail: Big-picture ideas like the future of retail alongside specific business and store strategies, and global visual merchandising
– City By City: plan travel trips, where to go and what to see with our celebrated city guides
– Experience Design: food design, experience innovations, architecture, tech & retail, store designs, interiors and spatial design trends
We also offer custom advisory services to help you understand and apply these trends to your business.
From the Blog...
WGSN Trend Predictions and Pantone Colour of the Year 2018: Ultra Violet
December 8, 2017 | Carlene Thomas Bailey
How Harry Potter and his wizard friends are winning this holiday season
December 7, 2017 | Taryn Tavella
WGSN Alternative Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Day Four
December 4, 2017 | Sarah Housley
LED technology and interiors: How designers are breaking new ground
November 30, 2017 | Kirsty Kirkpatrick
The future of wellness: what’s next?
November 27, 2017 | Rebecca Stevenson
WGSN Food & Drink Experts
Senior Editor, Lifestyle & Interiors
Sarah’s area of expertise is futures thinking, technology and materials innovation, including surfaces, walls and floors. She also focuses on spaces and events and the world of food and drink trends. Sarah edits daily the WGSN Lifestyle & Interiors blog with a team of international contributors. She is a 3D Design graduate who has worked with Timorous Beasties, Wentworths, Dezeen and the illustration magazine Wrap.
Director of Insight, and Executive Editor, Americas
Andrea is a seasoned journalist with an in-depth knowledge of the Americas’ consumer marketplace and mindset. As Director, Insight and Executive Editor, Americas, Andrea drives the department in the Americas from an editorial point of view and acts as content team leader from the New York office.
Senior Editor, Retail Lifestyles
Allyson Rees is the Senior Retail Lifestyles Editor at WGSN Lifestyle & Interiors. Previously, she was WGSN Fashion’s US Retail Editor and a freelance journalist, contributing consumer behavior, lifestyle, design and fashion features to publications including WWD, Fashionista, Los Angeles Confidential and The Impression. She has been a speaker at Fashion Rio, Premiere Vision New York and Parsons, The New School for Design, and her opinion on retail and trends has been quoted in The Associated Press, Vogue Brazil, Elle Brazil and Bloomberg News.