Food & Drink Trends
From emerging ingredients to shifting consumer attitudes, the food and drink industry is trend-rich, highly dynamic and always changing. We cover every aspect of food and beverage insight and innovation, including new food experience design, spaces and places, packaging and tableware.
Food & Drink Frontiers
See the ideas and innovations on the horizon for the food and drink industry, including cultured meat, climate-proof ingredients and the rise of speculative diningGet Report
Who We Help?
We work across the industry to help our customers understand ever-changing consumer and market trends, from macro attitude shifts and restaurant trends to detailed ingredient, flavor and packaging updates. Our team of experts develops actionable insights on everything you need to know:
– Stay informed with in-depth insight into consumer behaviours and eating habits across generations and geographies
– Spearhead innovation with key design directions across food products, packaging, gifting and sustainability solutions
– Stay ahead with dedicated forecasts across lifestyles, interiors, food, drink, scents & packages, two years ahead of market
– Be inspired by innovation across sectors including brands to watch, future of retail, business and story strategy insight and store design
WGSN Food & Drink Customers
WGSN benefits and provides actionable insight, information and inspiration to job roles across food services and consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies. Whether you support your business as a Brand Manager, Consumer Researcher, Designer, Strategist, Consumer Researcher, Merchandiser or Food Innovator, WGSN can support you.
Industry Specific Features
Our subscription service includes in-depth reporting on the following categories:
Consumer Insight: by generation and psychographic
– Trends: the latest trends in products, packaging, pairings, flavors & ingredients, drink & scent concepts, design and gifting
– Trade Shows: analysis and coverage of major F&B shows, including IFE, Summer Fancy Food Show and Imbibe
– Retail: Big-picture ideas like the future of retail alongside specific business and store strategies, and global visual merchandising
– City By City: plan travel trips, where to go and what to see with our celebrated city guides
– Experience Design: food design, experience innovations, architecture, tech & retail, store designs, interiors and spatial design trends
We also offer custom advisory services to help you understand and apply these trends to your business.
From the Blog...
Design activism from Africa
July 4, 2019 | Lisa White
Online networking to IRL collaboration: Rebecca X Emdal’s soothing virtual designs
April 23, 2019 | Bonnie Pierre-Davis
Rebranding reproductive health: Three Millennial-friendly fertility start-ups to know
April 9, 2019 | Harriet Kilikita
By Humankind: Refillable personal care that blends design with sustainability
April 3, 2019 | Sarah Housley
Design Indaba day one: 25 insights for 25 years
March 28, 2019 | Lisa White
WGSN Food & Drink Experts
Senior Editor, Lifestyle & Interiors
Sarah’s areas of expertise are technology, design futures and materials innovation. She has extensive experience working with global clients on consumer electronics, health and wellness, and product design projects. She is adept at understanding how product innovation shifts the consumer mindset and changes lifestyles, and identifies the resulting opportunities for brands. Trained in 3D design, Sarah has worked as a designer, writer and editor before joining WGSN.
Director, WGSN Insight
Part trend forecaster, part futurist, Andrea has an in-depth knowledge of the consumer marketplace and mindset. As director of WGSN Insight she consults with global brands to create world-class strategies. Andrea is in demand as an international speaker, most recently talking about the Future Consumer at Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, MoMA, and NRF’s Big Show in New York. In 2018 the UK’s PPA named her Business Writer of the Year.
Senior Editor, Retail Lifestyles
Allyson Rees is the Senior Retail Lifestyles Editor at WGSN Lifestyle & Interiors. Previously, she was WGSN Fashion’s US Retail Editor and a freelance journalist, contributing consumer behavior, lifestyle, design and fashion features to publications including WWD, Fashionista, Los Angeles Confidential and The Impression. She has been a speaker at Fashion Rio, Premiere Vision New York and Parsons, The New School for Design, and her opinion on retail and trends has been quoted in The Associated Press, Vogue Brazil, Elle Brazil and Bloomberg News.