Technology, innovation and market trends via actionable reports and tools. From early colour and forecasting to market intelligence, brand profiles and retail analysis.
Materials Trend Concepts A/W 20/21: Women, Men & Interiors
A comprehensive round-up of the must-have materials trends for men, women and interiors to kickstart A/W 20/21 research and development.Get Report
How we help
We help a range of clients across the active market, from mills and manufacturers to designers and marketers. Our team of expert editors recognize the specific challenges the active market faces and ensures that the content developed and delivered will solve those hurdles and help our clients succeed.
– Stay ahead with future focused content, two to five years ahead of season.
– Save time on research and development with early colour, macro trends and future forecasts.
– Kickoff design and range planning with Key Items, published two years ahead of market.
– Secure early intelligence for mills and manufacturers with textiles and materials forecasts.
– Inform long term strategy using our insight into technology innovations, consumer behaviour and active intelligence.
WGSN Active Customers
WGSN helps the world’s leading active brands. Whether you’re a legacy sports brand or a fashion company looking to break into the emerging market, we can help you understand the market.
Industry Specific Features
Our subscription services include in-depth reporting and analysis on the following categories:
– Active Colour Forecast: Early insight into key colours for the activewear market, with downloadable colour palette cards.
– Active Intelligence: Provocative future-focused reports on consumer and lifestyle trends, from the latest workouts to the newest athleisure tribes.
– Technology & Innovation: Covering what’s new, what’s now and what’s next across the market. Including: performance tech, material innovation, sport textile direction, wearable & wellness, sneaker manufacturing and more.
– Material innovations: Including advanced fabric research, latest machinery and new construction techniques.
– Key Items: The ideal starting point for designers and range planning. Available two years ahead, this report presents the key active items for the season, noting why it’s key, what’s new and useage. Downloadable range plan available as well.
– Catwalks: Distilled reporting of the key trends and best active collections seen across all runways for the season.
– Trade Shows: Key trends, brand highlights and trend checklists from prominent industry trade shows, including: Outdoor Retailer, Outdoor Friedrichshafen, Performance Days, ISPO and Agenda.
We also offer bespoke consulting services to help you understand and apply these trends to your business.
From the Blog...
WGSN Active Experts
Senior Strategist, Activewear
Yvonne is a creative strategist with more than 10 years’ experience in trend forecasting, colour design, materials and product development. She has an innovative and proactive approach to producing content to fulfill our activewear clients’ needs.
Having previously worked at Wolverine Worldwide, Pentland Brands and BDA London, Yvonne is experienced in managing and presenting projects from start to finish. Past clients include Zalando, Ellesse, C&A, Foschini Group SA and Vroom & Dreesmann.
Yvonne has a degree in product design and development from London College of Fashion. Away from work, she bakes delicious cakes that are much appreciated by her colleagues.
Strategist, Activewear, Fashion
Jessica has a strong understanding of consumers, sustainability and the changing role of brands. Her focus on innovation and performance informs her ability to provide clients with timely solutions and strategy to aid their decision making and growth.
Having worked closely with clients over the last decade on a freelance basis and in-house at global sportswear brands such as Puma, Rapha and Elegant Sports for Adidas Gymnastics, Jessica is adept in advising and understanding brands around the world.
An outdoor enthusiast, Jessica is often found scrambling up mountains or exploring hidden routes around London on foot.
Strategist, Swimwear & Activewear
Rebecca researches the latest fabric technologies, sustainability developments and how garments can be made more modular yet directional, translating these findings into trend-led and actionable executions.
Beca collaborates with the intimates and data teams to ensure clients at all market levels receive well-rounded trend directions. She comes from a design background and understands the obstacles brands face thanks to her experience leading seasonal trends, developments and sampling from initial stage to execution in the performancewear industry.
Beca likes keeping fit, good food and travel – interests which, between the gym and the beach, make her an activewear and swimwear expert.