Technology, innovation and market trends via actionable reports and tools. From early colour and forecasting to market intelligence, brand profiles and retail analysis.
Active Intelligence: Workout Trends 2019
Did you know that hiking is the new yoga? Get the report to find out the key workout trends that will shape the active industry.Get Report
How we help
We help a range of clients across the active market, from mills and manufacturers to designers and marketers. Our team of expert editors recognize the specific challenges the active market faces and ensures that the content developed and delivered will solve those hurdles and help our clients succeed.
– Stay ahead with future focused content, two to five years ahead of season.
– Save time on research and development with early colour, macro trends and future forecasts.
– Kickoff design and range planning with Key Items, published two years ahead of market.
– Secure early intelligence for mills and manufacturers with textiles and materials forecasts.
– Inform long term strategy using our insight into technology innovations, consumer behaviour and active intelligence.
WGSN Active Customers
WGSN helps the world’s leading active brands. Whether you’re a legacy sports brand or a fashion company looking to break into the emerging market, we can help you understand the market.
Industry Specific Features
Our subscription services include in-depth reporting and analysis on the following categories:
– Active Colour Forecast: Early insight into key colours for the activewear market, with downloadable colour palette cards.
– Active Intelligence: Provocative future-focused reports on consumer and lifestyle trends, from the latest workouts to the newest athleisure tribes.
– Technology & Innovation: Covering what’s new, what’s now and what’s next across the market. Including: performance tech, material innovation, sport textile direction, wearable & wellness, sneaker manufacturing and more.
– Material innovations: Including advanced fabric research, latest machinery and new construction techniques.
– Key Items: The ideal starting point for designers and range planning. Available two years ahead, this report presents the key active items for the season, noting why it’s key, what’s new and useage. Downloadable range plan available as well.
– Catwalks: Distilled reporting of the key trends and best active collections seen across all runways for the season.
– Trade Shows: Key trends, brand highlights and trend checklists from prominent industry trade shows, including: Outdoor Retailer, Outdoor Friedrichshafen, Performance Days, ISPO and Agenda.
We also offer bespoke consulting services to help you understand and apply these trends to your business.
From the Blog...
Inclusivity: Its rising importance in the US fitness market
June 26, 2018 | Emma Griffin
ATTN: Female sneaker lovers, this is the podcast for you
June 15, 2018 | Sidney Morgan-Petro
Active Intelligence: Get to know the female gym tribes
May 16, 2018 | Yvonne Kostiak
New Balance Running & Outdoor VP on sustainability, customisation and 3D printing
April 24, 2018 | Ella Hudson
District Race: An exploration in fitness
April 24, 2018 | Nicole Hurip
WGSN Active Experts
Senior Editor, Active
Both an experienced performance sports designer and trend forecaster, Yvonne has a special passion for colour and consumer insights for the active market. Since graduating from London College of Fashion, Yvonne has gained 10+ years of experience, working for sportswear brand Ellesse, outdoor footwear specialist Merrell and trend and design consultancies, delivering actionable projects for retail clients.
Director of Active
Clare Varga is a sportswear expert with over 16 years experience in design and product creation. Her strong creative vision and in-depth understanding of the sports and active apparel market was developed during her time as creative director at Reebok Europe, and designing kits for Liverpool FC, Wales RFU, Venus Williams and the British Athletics Federation.