There is a reason that bags, baubles and beads are objects of desire. From future forecasts to the latest techniques and collaboration, WGSN reports on what’s now and predicts what’s next for accessories. Because in fashion, as in life, it’s the little things that count.
Accessories & Footwear Trend Concepts A/W 20/21: Leather & Non-Leather
A comprehensive round-up of leather and non-leather trends for men's and women's A/W 20/21 collections.Get Report
How we help
At WGSN, we provide both future forecasts and close-to-season content to help you keep pace with the fast-fashion pace of the industry.
- Inspirational buying guides to help you make the most of your travel.
- Direction on shapes, colour, material and details one year ahead of season.
- Monthly inspirational design capsules published one year ahead of market.
- Specific development direction for jewellery, eyewear, handbags, hair accessories, belts, scarves and more.
WGSN Accessories Customers
WGSN helps the full range of job roles within the market, including buyers, designers, merchandisers, marketers, material, colour and product designers.
Industry Specific Features
Our subscription services include in-depth reporting and analysis on the following categories:
- Big Ideas: Provides insight into the key themes to shape the market, two years ahead of season.
- Core Colour: Colour palettes two years out to kickstart your planning.
- Category Updates: Essential direction for commercial product development on the must-have items for the season one year ahead of retail. Includes shapes, colours, materials and details.
- Catwalks: Complete analysis and overview of the catwalk season. Key Items and Must-Have edits, tailored for each category.
- Trade Shows: Industry trade show coverage including CIFF & Revolver, The Jewellery Room, Accessorie Circuit, Premium, Seek & Bright, JCK & Couture, Baselworld, Lineapelle, Premiere Classe and more.
We also offer custom advisory services to help you understand and apply these trends to your business.
WGSN Accessories Experts
Head of Colour
Jenny is a skilled colour forecaster with an in-depth knowledge of conceptual colour development. She identifies emerging colour trends and tracks their evolution across multiple industries.
Having trained as a woven textile designer, Jenny went on to lead colour forecasting in the automotive and footwear industry for 20 years, working at Nissan and advising clients such as Patagonia and Merrell. Her process is driven by creativity and strategic thinking, and she is always seeking the perfect colour for the right product.
Jenny is a home crafter who currently quilts with recycled denim and experiments with natural dyes.
Head of Research
Ella is obsessed with the human condition and understanding why we do the things we do, citing people-watching as a favourite pastime.
Sitting at the intersection of WGSN's products to coordinate strategists, analysts and researchers from around the world, Ella's position supports each team to deliver accurate, human-centred recommendations that enable clients to make decisions with confidence.
Ella’s previous experience includes roles at Sunspel, Chloé and Vivienne Westwood, specialising in accessories and jewellery.
A born and bred Londoner, Ella can be coaxed away from city life at the promise of a brisk walk and a good pub lunch.
Senior Strategist, Footwear & Accessories
Jane is a creative individual with a wealth of expertise in design, buying, product development and trend forecasting.
With over 20 years industry experience as a jewellery specialist, working for renowned retailers and suppliers on luxury and branded ranges, Jane brings the perfect mix of product expertise and commercial direction to her role at WGSN. Passionate about content creation, she is enthusiastic about sharing her global knowledge of the jewellery industry.
Jane has a love of hair accessories and will not leave the house without one.