Design for current and future consumer lifestyles
Develop today the products and experiences that will help people live, work and play in tomorrow's world.
Understand your consumers’ lifestyles and anticipate their needs
Tap into WGSN's expertise and gain a complete view of the key consumer behaviours
- Identify and meet the needs of your consumer personas distilled from WGSN’s flagship Future Consumer forecast
- Design for longevity by tapping into WGSN’s change forecasts that help you join the dots between people, products and systems
- Connect consumers to products and experiences through effective storytelling by understanding the macro societal drivers impacting people’s behaviour
- Benefit from the WGSN global view thanks to our extensive network of industry experts on the ground, from LA and London to Shanghai and Paris
Make confident decisions
Leverage insights into evolving consumer lifestyles and interior trends from up-to-the-minute movements to 10-year forecasts.
- Tap into the future of home and public spaces by tracking the need-to-know trends in design, buying, retail, packaging, colours, materials and finishes
- Anticipate the impact of new technologies and sustainable practices in the future of your category with WGSN’s Big Ideas, Intelligence and Design Futures reports
- Validate your thinking and strategy at every step of the process with actionable recommendations in our consumer and category forecasts
Get the timing right
Understand trend growth and adoption for your brand and consumer
- Know when to adopt a trend with WGSN’s proprietary quantitative data and insight Trend Curve reports
- Plan efficiently by tracking the major changes and the disruptors, innovators and influencers shaking up the industry
- Align product development, marketing and retail buying with consumer insights as well as short- and mid-term forecasts and close-to-season updates
- Get daily inspiration and fresh ideas from WGSN’s proprietary Lifestyle & Interiors Feed, a curated edit of the key emerging trends from across the world
Grow with WGSN
We help you succeed by spotting untapped opportunities and ideas and having the confidence to back them — ultimately transforming the future of your business and your career.
- Align your teams internally by leveraging WGSN’s collaboration tools – from highlighting text and adding your comments to saving images – and share your ideas, wherever in the world you may be
- Connect with a global network of more than 250 strategists, data scientists and analysts through webinars, digital summits and in-person events covering everything from consumer behaviour to the future of home and public spaces
- Experience the world like a creative local without leaving your desk with City by City’s immersive guides and hyper-local curated insights from global cities and hotspots
- Be part of the WGSN community alongside over 40,000 innovators that are shaping the future of the creative industries
Meet the experts
Creative Director; Director, Lifestyle & Interiors
A future thinker with over 25 years of experience, Lisa is an expert in lifestyle and design and has predicted key long-term trends such as experience design and the home hub. Her industry knowledge, creativity and cutting-edge eye drive WGSN’s future innovation and macro trends, as well as product development forecasts.
In demand as a speaker, Lisa curated the 2019 International Design Biennale in Saint-Étienne, France. She has been quoted in numerous publications, including the WSJ, Le Monde, Corriere Della Sera, and the South China Morning Post.
On weekends, Lisa can be found working culture into horticulture, and vice-versa.
Head of Lifestyle & Interiors
Gemma leads our design and product development directions, overseeing how consumer macro trends impact the interiors industry across categories and market levels. She has 15 years’ experience in trend forecasting and design research, and her knowledge of colour and material applications makes her integral to WGSN’s global colour team.
Gemma consults for brands, retailers and manufacturers around the world, and speaks at industry events to discuss trends in residential and commercial environments. Her experience includes roles at A+A Design Studio in Milan and Studio Contrepoint in Paris.
Gemma likes cycling to green corners to picnic with family and friends
Head of Colour
Jenny is a skilled colour forecaster with an in-depth knowledge of conceptual colour development. She identifies emerging colour trends and tracks their evolution across multiple industries.
Having trained as a woven textile designer, Jenny went on to lead colour forecasting in the automotive and footwear industry for 20 years, working at Nissan and advising clients such as Patagonia and Merrell. Her process is driven by creativity and strategic thinking, and she is always seeking the perfect colour for the right product.
Jenny is a home crafter who currently quilts with recycled denim and experiments with natural dyes.
Senior Strategist, Lifestyle
Sarah has 10 years’ experience in trend forecasting, spanning product design, materials innovation and technology. She specialises in lifestyle futures, design innovation and consumer tech trends, and is part of the macro forecast team, who distil reams of global research into future trends each season.
Sarah has spoken on design trends worldwide. She has worked with clients to teach trend forecasting workshops and consulted on topics from CMF innovation to the future of water.
She is a big fan of WWE wrestling and vegan cooking, a combination that plays havoc with Instagram’s algorithm.
Senior Strategist Interiors
A passionate researcher and journalist, Allyson tracks retail, lifestyle and interior design directions, paying special attention to growth areas in the home, decor and gifting markets.
Allyson is frequently called to comment on the latest ongoings in interiors. She has written for publications including WWD, Fashionista and The Impression, and has consulted for Fortune 500 brands and retailers around the world, helping them distill high-level trends for the mass market.
A lifelong performer, Allyson applies her theatrical talents to consultancy deliveries, presentations and panels. In her free time, she explores Los Angeles’ food scene and binge watches The Real Housewives.
Strategist, VM and Interiors, Lifestyle & Interiors
Claire’s forecasting work focuses on spatial and experience design, as well as emerging innovative store design concepts and global visual merchandising trends. She is an expert in the strategic design of spaces and how both residential and commercial interiors can adapt to evolving consumer mindsets.
Frequently attending and reporting from art fairs, biennales and design weeks, Claire is an accomplished photographer with a strong eye for impactful visuals.
Claire has a keen interest in interior design, travel and culture, which informs her expert content and inspires her personal Instagram account, which is carefully cultivated to reflect her experiences.
Strategist, Lifestyle, Lifestyle & Interiors
With a background in cultural strategy, Harriet's understanding of how emerging lifestyle trends affect product design and development enable her to create actionable, data-driven reports to inspire clients. She covers a wide range of lifestyle topics, with particular focus on the impact of wellness, hospitality and dining trends.
Harriet has worked on bespoke projects and presentations for major global brands, and her trend insights have been quoted in publications including the Washington Post, Grazia and Vice.
When not exploring lifestyle trends, Harriet can be found with her nose in a novel or trying to find a forest to walk in.
Analyst, Interiors, Lifestyle & Interiors
Bonnie’s expertise in textiles, print and pattern drives her enthusiasm for creating innovative and inspiring content for the interiors industry. With a degree in textiles and an MA in material futures, she contributes expert research to facilitate product design development with a keen eye for sustainability, material, craft and print techniques.
Bonnie’s role also entails collaborating with the WGSN Fashion team and external print archivists to align trends and source inspiring original artworks.
Outside of work, Bonnie enjoys free-style embroidery, baking and discovering new countries and cultures.