WGSN Limited Mindset Terms & Conditions
Mindset Terms & Conditions
Effective April 2018
- 1. Definitions
“Affiliate” means any person or entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with another person or entity.
“Company” has the meaning given to that term in the Order Form.
“Company Materials” means all materials, equipment and tools, drawings, specifications and data supplied by the Company to WGSN.
“Company Undertakings” has the meaning given to that term in the Statement of Services.
“Content” means visual interfaces, text and written compositions, videos and other audiovisual works, pictorial works such as images, photographs, graphics, pictures, illustrations, and designs, audio recordings and musical compositions, compilations, reports, and any other works of authorship.
“Contract” has the meaning given to that term in the Order Form.
“Contract End Date” has the meaning given to that term in the Order Form.
“Deliverables” has the meaning given to that term in the Statement of Services.
“Force Majeure” means an event or sequence of events beyond a party’s reasonable control preventing or delaying it from performing its obligations under the Contract and includes, but is not limited to war, terrorism, riot or civil commotion, strikes, lock outs or other industrial action, acts of or restrictions imposed by government or public authority, a party becoming at risk of, or being placed on, a sanctions list or becoming a “designated person” on such sanctions list, failures of supply of services, explosion, fire, flood, natural disaster and breakdown or failure of equipment.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means all patents, rights to inventions, utility models, copyright and related rights, trademarks, service marks, trade, business and domain names, rights in trade dress or get-up, rights in goodwill or to sue for passing off, unfair competition rights, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database rights, topography rights, rights in confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for, and renewals or extensions of, such rights, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection in any part of the world.
“Order Form” means the purchase order form signed by WGSN and the Company in relation to the Services.
“Services” means the advisory services described in the Statement of Services.
“Statement of Services” means the statement of services issued to the Company together with the Order Form.
“WGSN” means WGSN Limited a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 4858491 and registered office c/o Ascential Group Limited, The Prow, London, W1B 5AP, United Kingdom.
- 2. Basis of Contract
The Order Form constitutes an offer by the Company to purchase services in accordance with the Statement of Services and these terms and conditions. The Order Form shall only be deemed to be accepted when WGSN issues written acceptance of the Order Form at which point and on which date the Contract shall come into existence. The Contract shall continue until the Contract End Date, unless terminated earlier in accordance with paragraph 9 below
These terms and conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms that the Company seeks to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing. Provision of services to the Company does not constitute acceptance of any of the Company’s terms and conditions and does not serve to modify the terms of the Contract.
- 3. Supply of Services
WGSN shall supply the Services to the Company from the Contract Start Date in accordance with the Contract. In supplying the Services, WGSN shall:
- a. perform the Services with reasonable care and skill;
- b. use reasonable endeavours to perform the Services in accordance with the service description set out in the Statement of Services; and
- c. observe all reasonable health and safety rules and regulations and security requirements that apply at any of the Company’s premises and have been communicated to WGSN, provided that WGSN shall not be liable under the Contract if, as a result of such observation, it is in breach of any of its obligations under the Contract.
The Services will be completed by delivering the Deliverables to the Company. The acceptance of Deliverables by the Company will constitute confirmation that the Deliverables and all WGSN requirements have been completed.
The Company agrees to accept or reject the Deliverables within 3 days of delivery. Any rejection of the Deliverables by the Company must be reasonable and in writing containing an express reference to the provision of the Statement of Services which has not been delivered. WGSN will then have 7 days to carry out any appropriate amendments to the Deliverables and resubmit them for approval. If the Company fails to accept or reject the Deliverables within 3 days of delivery the Deliverables and WGSN requirements shall be deemed to have been accepted.
Each Party shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes, regulations from time to time in force, provided that neither party shall not be liable under the Contract if, as a result of such compliance, it is in breach of any of its obligations under the Contract.
- 4. Company obligations
The Company shall co-operate with WGSN in all matters relating to the Services and shall comply with the Company Undertakings. If WGSN’s performance of any of its obligations under the Contract is prevented or delayed by any act or omission by the Company or failure by the Company to perform any relevant obligation (the “Company Default”):
- a. WGSN shall without limiting its other rights or remedies have the right to suspend performance of the Services until the Company remedies the Company Default, and to rely on the Company Default to relieve it from the performance of any of its obligations to the extent the Company Default prevents or delays the WGSN’s performance of any of its obligations;
- b. WGSN shall not be liable for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by the Company arising directly or indirectly from WGSN’s failure or delay to perform any of its obligations as set out in this paragraph 4; and
- c. the Company shall reimburse WGSN on written demand for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by WGSN arising directly or indirectly from the Company Default.
- 5. Charges and payment
In consideration for the Services, the Company shall pay to WGSN a non-refundable fee as specified in the Order Form (the “Fee”). The Fee shall be payable on such terms as are specified in the Order Form, and is not subject to any deductions, credits or other set-offs.
The Fee shall be exclusive of out-of-pocket and travel expenses incurred by WGSN. The Company will reimburse WGSN for all pre-approved out-of-pocket and travel expenses within 30 days of receipt of an invoice from WGSN and payment shall not be subject to any acceptance of the Deliverables.
The Fee is exclusive of any and all applicable taxes. The Company is responsible for any taxes that the Company is obligated to pay or that WGSN may collect from the Company or may be liable to pay in connection with the Contract.
Without prejudice to any other rights and remedies available to WGSN, WGSN shall be entitled to charge the Company statutory interest (at the then current rate) on any overdue amount under the Contract, accruing on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount whether before or after judgment and compounding every 90 days.
- 6. Intellectual property
Subject to the terms of this Contract, the Company hereby grants WGSN a fully paid-up, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable (except as set out in paragraph 13f)) license to copy, modify and prepare derivative works based on the Company Materials for the term of the Contract for the purpose of providing the Services to the Company in accordance with the Contract. WGSN acknowledges that as between Company and WGSN, the Company is and will be the exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in the Company Materials, including all Intellectual Property rights therein and thereto.
The Company gives WGSN permission to use the Company’s name and logo in WGSN marketing material including publication on the WGSN website. Neither party shall issue any press release regarding the subject matter herein without the prior written approval of the other party.
Subject to the terms of this Contract, WGSN hereby grants the Company a non-transferable, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, limited license (without the right to sub-license) to use the Deliverables (and any Content included therein) for internal business purposes only. The Company may provide pictorial works such as images, photographs, graphics, pictures, illustrations and designs included within the Deliverables to its suppliers, vendors, independent contractors and consultants for the sole purpose of aiding the Company with its product design, development, inspiration, research and manufacturing requirements only and subject to the Company being responsible at all times for the actions of such parties.
WGSN reserves all rights in and to the Services and the Deliverables, and any Content included therein (collectively, the “WGSN Materials”), not expressly granted to the Company pursuant to this Contract. The Company acknowledges that as between the Company and WGSN, WGSN is and will be the exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in the WGSN Materials, including all Intellectual Property Rights therein and thereto.
For the avoidance of doubt no assignment or transfer of any kind is made of any Intellectual Property Rights contained in or referred to in the Deliverables.
- 7. Indemnity
The Company agrees to indemnify and hold WGSN and its employees, agents, officers, directors and other representatives harmless from and against all costs, losses, liabilities and expenses (including legal fees) which WGSN may suffer or incur, in connection with or arising from the Company’s breach of the Contract or mis-use of Content.
- 8. Limitations of liability
All Content is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind either express or implied. Any reliance by the Company upon any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed or distributed through the Deliverables is at the Company’s own risk.
Neither WGSN nor any of its Content providers shall be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising in connection with the Deliverables, inability to use the deliverables or any Content provided, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior (including negligence) or any other cause of action. In no event will WGSN’s total liability to the Company for all damages, losses, and causes of action arising out of or relating to the Contract including but not limited to the Deliverables exceed the Fee.
Nothing in this paragraph 8 shall limit WGSN’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from WGSN’s negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 9. Termination
Without affecting any other right or remedy available to it, either party to the Contract may terminate it with immediate effect by giving written notice to the other party in the event that the other:
- a. commits a material breach of the Contract that is not remediable, or (where the breach is capable of remedy) is not remedied within 14 days after being required by notice to do so; or
- b. becomes or is declared insolvent or takes formal steps to commence bankruptcy (including the making of a bankruptcy order) or makes or proposes any composition with its creditors or the appointment of a receiver or similar officer over or in respect of some or all of its assets or takes any steps to enter into an insolvency process including without limitation the appointment of a liquidator, administrative receiver, administrator, provisional liquidator, receiver or any other office holder over or in respect of some or all of its assets or the filing of any papers at court in respect of a moratorium or the taking of any steps for dissolution or strike
Without affecting any other right or remedy available to it, WGSN may terminate the Contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to the Company if the Company fails to pay any amount due under the Contract on the due date for payment and remains in default not less than 3 days after being notified in writing to make such payment.
On termination of the Contract for whatever reason:
- a. where WGSN is the terminating party:
- i. the Fee shall become immediately due and payable and WGSN may submit an invoice for the Fee and all out-of-pocket and travel expenses incurred which shall be payable immediately on receipt; and
- ii. the Company shall immediately pay all of WGSN’s outstanding unpaid invoices and interest; or
- b. where the Company is the terminating party:
- i. the Company shall immediately pay all of WGSN’s outstanding unpaid invoices and interest; and
- ii. WGSN may submit an invoice for Services supplied and all out-of-pocket and travel expenses incurred, which shall be payable immediately on receipt; and
- c. termination of the Contract shall not affect any of the parties’ rights and remedies that have accrued as at termination, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of the Contract which existed at or before the date of termination.
Any provision of the Contract that expressly or by implication is intended to come into or continue in force on or after termination shall remain in full force and effect.
- 10. Confidentiality.
“Confidential Information” means all non-public information in any form, furnished or made available in connection with the Contract by or on behalf of one party, including for the avoidance of doubt the Content and Deliverables, (“Disclosing Party”) to the other (“Receiving Party”) which is marked confidential, restricted, or would be understood by a reasonable person in the Receiving Party’s position to be confidential.
Except as expressly permitted the Receiving Party will keep confidential the terms of the Contract as well as any other Confidential Information disclosed to it by the Disclosing Party provided that WGSN may disclose the terms of the Contract to any potential or actual financing source, acquirer, legal advisor, accountant or agent.
The provisions of this paragraph 10 shall not apply to any information which (a) is or becomes public knowledge other than by breach of this paragraph 10; (b) is in the possession of the Receiving Party without restriction in relation to disclosure before the date of receipt from the Disclosing Party; (c) is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation restricting its disclosure; (d) is independently developed without access to the Confidential Information; (e) is required to be disclosed by operation of law, government regulation, or order of a Court of competent jurisdiction, providing the Receiving Party first gives written notice of such required disclosure to the other party; or (f) if the Receiving Party discloses the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information to its employees, consultants, contractors or other representatives performing services in connection with the Contract, provided, that (i) such persons have a need to know and have been notified that such information is Confidential Information; and such persons have entered into binding obligations of confidentiality no less restrictive than those of the Contract.
- 11. Force Majeure
A party will not be liable if delayed in or prevented from performing its obligations under the Contract due to Force Majeure, provided that it promptly notifies the other of the Force Majeure. If, due to Force Majeure, a party is unable to perform a material obligation and/or is delayed in or prevented from performing its obligations for a continuous period of more than 7 days, either party may terminate the Contract on notice without any liability.
The provisions of this paragraph 11 shall not be relied upon in relation to any obligation to pay under the Contract.
- 12. How we may use your personal information
- 13. General
- a. Governing law: The Contract, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- b. Jurisdiction: Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
- c. Entire Agreement: The Contract together with the Order Form and Statement of Services, constitutes the entire agreement between the Company and WGSN in relation to the Services and Deliverables and supersedes all prior agreements with respect to the subject matter hereof. No waiver by WGSN of any of the provisions of the Contract is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by WGSN. Any failure or delay by WGSN to enforce any provisions of the Contract shall not be construed as a waiver of any of WGSN’s rights or operate as a waiver of any subsequent breach.
- d. Severability: If any term or provision of the Contract shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality or enforceability of the remaining terms or provisions shall not be affected.
- e. Notices. Except as otherwise set forth herein, all notices required or permitted to be given pursuant to the Contract to the Company shall be sent by e-mail to the Company’s designated email address(es) contained in the Order Form or as otherwise agreed in writing between the parties. All notices required or permitted to be given pursuant to the Contract to WGSN shall be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Such notices (if given by e-mail) shall be deemed effective three hours from transmission. In addition, a party may also give notice in writing and will be deemed to be delivered and received (i) when personally delivered; (ii) on the third business day after the date on which deposited with a nationally recognized overnight delivery service, sent to the address set forth on the Order Form or such other address as a party notifies to the other party.
- f. Assignment: The Company may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations under the Contract, by operation of law or otherwise. WGSN may at any time assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any or all of its rights under the Contract to an Affiliate or to a successor in connection with the sale of all or substantially of all its equity interests or assets related to this Contract. Any purported assignment in violation of this paragraph 13(f) is void.
- g. Anti-Bribery:
- i. WGSN and the Company warrants to each other that it shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations relating to anti-bribery and anti-corruption including but not limited to the Bribery Act 2010;
- ii. the Company warrants that it shall (aa) comply with such of WGSN’s anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies as are notified to the Company from time to time; and (bb) promptly report to WGSN any request or demand for any undue financial or other advantage of any kind received by or on its behalf in connection with the performance of the Contract. Breach of this paragraph shall be deemed a material breach of the Contract.
- h. Third party Rights: Except as provided elsewhere in the Contract, no person who is not a party to the Contract, shall have any rights under or in connection with it by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 and the rights of the parties to terminate, rescind or agree any variation, waiver or settlement under the Contract shall not be subject to the consent of any third party.