These boots were made for more than walking. From key silhouettes to vamp details and new construction technologies, discover the most directional movements afoot in the footwear industry, from heel shapes and materials to trims and counter details.
Accessories & Footwear Trend Concepts A/W 20/21: Leather & Non-Leather
A comprehensive round-up of leather and non-leather trends for men's and women's A/W 20/21 collections.Get Report
How we help
What’s after the Athleisure influence? What’s the next velvet baroque print covering our feet? At WGSN, our editors travel the world, attend & study what they see at trade shows and carry-out intense catwalks analysis to predict the next big footwear trends from two years ahead to today.
- Streamline your design process with tools to help you through every stage from concept to technical development.
- Make design decisions with confidence, with design intelligence targeted to your market, including up to four years for active.
- Inspire your team with big ideas that will shape the footwear industry two years ahead of time.
- Make smarter close to season decisions with commercial updates tailored to your market.
WGSN Footwear Customers
WGSN helps the full range of job roles within the market, including buyers, designers, merchandisers, marketers, material, colour and product designers.
Industry Specific Features
Our subscription services include in-depth reporting and analysis on the following categories:
- Big Ideas: Provides insight into the key themes to shape the market, two years ahead of season.
- Core Colour: Colour palettes two years out to kickstart your planning.
- Category Updates: Essential direction for commercial product development on the must-have items for the season one year ahead of retail. Includes shapes, colours, materials and details.
- Catwalks: Complete analysis and overview of the catwalk season. Key Items and Must-Have edits, tailored for each category.
- Trade Shows: Industry trade show coverage including CIFF & Revolver, The Jewellery Room, Accessorie Circuit, Premium, Seek & Bright, JCK & Couture, Baselworld, Lineapelle, Premiere Classe and more.
We also offer custom advisory services to help you understand and apply these trends to your business.
WGSN Footwear Experts
Head of Womenswear
Sara has more than 10 years’ experience analysing global trends. Previously our Director of Retail & Buying, Sara headed up our What’s In Store directory and compiled the seasonal buyers’ briefings before taking over womenswear.
Based in London, Sara works with international clients and speaks at events and trade shows around the world, from South Africa to Russia, India to China and her native Milan. She has been interviewed on screen for World Footwear and Mido.
Sara has a BA in Fashion Styling and Photography from London College of Fashion and worked as a photographer for Vogue.it and Missoni.
Strategist, Footwear & Accessories, Fashion
Lucila‘s enthusiasm for the international footwear industry and her skills in trend forecasting define her role at WGSN. She enjoys discovering environmentally-friendly developments and sharing her knowledge of materials, which she channels in her contributions to our Sustainability board.
Prior to joining WGSN, Luci worked as a footwear and accessories designer for several global brands, including roles at FitFlop in the UK, Pull & Bear in Spain and Hush Puppies in Argentina.
Luci loves travelling and spotting emerging designers as she wanders around a new destination. Ideally, she’ll be eating ice-cream at the same time.
Vice President, Content
Catriona’s strategic vision enables WGSN’s continued growth into new markets and verticals. During 16 years of service, she has represented the company at key business events and was behind the launch of many of our successful new products.
Catriona began her career as a textile designer, studying at the Royal College of Art in London. She then moved into global trend forecasting, specialising in fashion, textiles, interiors and brand licensing.
After several years’ trend-forecasting, she was hired to shape fibre innovation and marketing, joining one of the world’s most recognised fibre brands, The Woolmark Company.