These boots were made for more than walking. From key silhouettes to vamp details and new construction technologies, discover the most directional movements afoot in the footwear industry, from heel shapes and materials to trims and counter details.
Accessories & Footwear Trend Concepts A/W 20/21: Leather & Non-Leather
A comprehensive round-up of leather and non-leather trends for men's and women's A/W 20/21 collections.Get Report
How we help
What’s after the Athleisure influence? What’s the next velvet baroque print covering our feet? At WGSN, our editors travel the world, attend & study what they see at trade shows and carry-out intense catwalks analysis to predict the next big footwear trends from two years ahead to today.
- Streamline your design process with tools to help you through every stage from concept to technical development.
- Make design decisions with confidence, with design intelligence targeted to your market, including up to four years for active.
- Inspire your team with big ideas that will shape the footwear industry two years ahead of time.
- Make smarter close to season decisions with commercial updates tailored to your market.
WGSN Footwear Customers
WGSN helps the full range of job roles within the market, including buyers, designers, merchandisers, marketers, material, colour and product designers.
Industry Specific Features
Our subscription services include in-depth reporting and analysis on the following categories:
- Big Ideas: Provides insight into the key themes to shape the market, two years ahead of season.
- Core Colour: Colour palettes two years out to kickstart your planning.
- Category Updates: Essential direction for commercial product development on the must-have items for the season one year ahead of retail. Includes shapes, colours, materials and details.
- Catwalks: Complete analysis and overview of the catwalk season. Key Items and Must-Have edits, tailored for each category.
- Trade Shows: Industry trade show coverage including CIFF & Revolver, The Jewellery Room, Accessorie Circuit, Premium, Seek & Bright, JCK & Couture, Baselworld, Lineapelle, Premiere Classe and more.
We also offer custom advisory services to help you understand and apply these trends to your business.
WGSN Footwear Experts
Vice President, Content
Catriona’s strategic vision enables WGSN’s continued growth into new markets and verticals. During 16 years of service, she has represented the company at key business events and was behind the launch of many of our successful new products.
Catriona began her career as a textile designer, studying at the Royal College of Art in London. She then moved into global trend forecasting, specialising in fashion, textiles, interiors and brand licensing.
After several years’ trend-forecasting, she was hired to shape fibre innovation and marketing, joining one of the world’s most recognised fibre brands, The Woolmark Company.
Director of Retail & Buying
Sara graduated with a BA (Hons) in Fashion Styling and Photography from London College of Fashion and has worked as a photographer for publications such as Vogue.it. As Director of Retail & Buying, Sara heads up WGSN's What’s In Store directory, and compiles key reports such as seasonal buyers briefings.
Director of Footwear and Accessories
With over 10 years experience in design, trend forecasting and product development, Claire has a diverse resume spanning consultancy projects with Swarovski, Pandora, Next and Topman and analyzing trends for both WGSN and Stylesight. Claire directs all content for womenswear and Menswear and has an in -depth knowledge of the international commercial market and a strong understanding of how big ideas can shape the future.