Buying & Merchandising Trends
The rules of buying and retail merchandising are changing. It’s not just about products and presentation anymore; technology is changing quickly, fashion seasons are shorter, and customers are savvier than ever. Fortunately, WGSN offers everything you need to stay one step ahead.
Womenswear & Young Women's: Big Ideas S/S 20
The five need-to-know ideas that will impact womenswear in 2020.Get Report
How we help?
With our team of trend experts and data scientists globally, we help our customers make confident, well-informed buying decisions.
– Make faster buying and merchandising decisions with access to a daily feed of e-commerce data on WGSN Instock.
– Understand your market and product position with analysis of competitor brands and retailers.
– Gain insight you can trust with early views into future trends.
– Save time trawling through excessive content with reports that outline the exact key items you need.
– Build your range with confidence and access the data to back it up.
– Track best sellers, re-stocks and mark-downs.
– Support your buying decisions with trade show reporting from around the world and across all categories.
– Make your buying trips more efficient with our city guides and trip planning tools.
WGSN Buying & Merchandising Customers
WGSN was the first to combine high-end technology with human ingenuity to meet the needs of leading organizations across the industry. Our global team of top industry experts and big data analytics platform support job roles across the business. We help the most creative and innovative businesses deliver the right product at the right time.
Industry Specific Features
Our subscription services and analytic products include in-depth reporting and data on the following:
– Buyers’ Briefings: The key messages & looks, fabric & details, colours & prints for the season.
– Buyers’ Picks: Discover what trends and collections top buyers from around the world are focusing on for the season.
– Brands To Watch: The season’s newest and most exciting brands across product categories including Accessories, Footwear, Intimates, Cut & Sew, Denim, Prints & Graphics, Active and more.
– Consumer Attitudes: Insight into consumer groups and their shopping behaviours, segmented by region and demographic.
– Future Retail Trends: Forward looking trends that are shaping the market place.
– Category Merchandising: In-store design trend analysis and inspiration, across all product categories and regions.
– City by City Travel: City travel guides and trip planning tools.
– Trade Shows: Coverage, analysis and images from major industry trade shows, across all product categories including: Accessories, Footwear, Apparel, Active, Denim, Materials, Prints & Graphics, Packaging, VM and more.
We also offer custom advisory services to help you understand and apply these trends to your business.
From the Blog...
Creating Tomorrow: transformational trends for your business
February 7, 2020 | Carla Buzasi
Creating Tomorrow: what will change your business in 2022?
January 24, 2020 | Carla Buzasi
Creating Tomorrow: how retailers can survive in the new decade
December 20, 2019 | Carla Buzasi
A move towards activism for the Spanish fragrance market
August 30, 2019 | Maria Florencia Ameneiros
Can retail save the world?
May 21, 2019 | Petah Marian
WGSN Buying & Merchandising Experts
Consultant Director, EMEA, Mindset
Greer’s global experience in design, strategy and consumer insights informs her belief that by understanding the signs of change, clients can create the future they want. She leads WGSN’s Mindset team in EMEA, providing bespoke solution-driven consultancy that marries creativity and strategy for industries including beauty, fashion, retail, and food and drink.
Greer utilises time spent in New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong and the UK to enable clients to apply global trends to their businesses in actionable ways.
A patron of the arts, Greer channels her lack of pottery skills into supporting local ceramicists in London and on her travels.
Head of Womenswear
Sara has more than 10 years’ experience analysing global trends. Previously our Director of Retail & Buying, Sara headed up our What’s In Store directory and compiled the seasonal buyers’ briefings before taking over womenswear.
Based in London, Sara works with international clients and speaks at events and trade shows around the world, from South Africa to Russia, India to China and her native Milan. She has been interviewed on screen for World Footwear and Mido.
Sara has a BA in Fashion Styling and Photography from London College of Fashion and worked as a photographer for Vogue.it and Missoni.
Senior Consultant, EMEA, Mindset
Joanna is a writer, researcher and strategist. She uses a wide range of human-centric, cultural research methods to unearth insights and design strategies for clients predominantly in the luxury, fashion, beauty and retail sectors.
An expert in strategic foresight, Joanna has written for and been quoted in publications including BBC News, ABC News, Forbes, The Financial Times and The Australian Financial Review.
Currently based in London, Joanna was born in Australia and is of Hong Kong / New Zealand heritage. Having lived and worked across five continents, her perspective is broad and cross-cultural.
Strategist, VM and Interiors, Lifestyle & Interiors
Claire’s forecasting work focuses on spatial and experience design, as well as emerging innovative store design concepts and global visual merchandising trends. She is an expert in the strategic design of spaces and how both residential and commercial interiors can adapt to evolving consumer mindsets.
Frequently attending and reporting from art fairs, biennales and design weeks, Claire is an accomplished photographer with a strong eye for impactful visuals.
Claire has a keen interest in interior design, travel and culture, which informs her expert content and inspires her personal Instagram account, which is carefully cultivated to reflect her experiences.