Buying & Merchandising Trends
The rules of buying and retail merchandising are changing. It’s not just about products and presentation anymore; technology is changing quickly, fashion seasons are shorter, and customers are savvier than ever. Fortunately, WGSN offers everything you need to stay one step ahead.
Womenswear & Young Women's: Big Ideas S/S 20
The five need-to-know ideas that will impact womenswear in 2020.Get Report
How we help?
With our team of trend experts and data scientists globally, we help our customers make confident, well-informed buying decisions.
– Make faster buying and merchandising decisions with access to a daily feed of e-commerce data on WGSN Instock.
– Understand your market and product position with analysis of competitor brands and retailers.
– Gain insight you can trust with early views into future trends.
– Save time trawling through excessive content with reports that outline the exact key items you need.
– Build your range with confidence and access the data to back it up.
– Track best sellers, re-stocks and mark-downs.
– Support your buying decisions with trade show reporting from around the world and across all categories.
– Make your buying trips more efficient with our city guides and trip planning tools.
WGSN Buying & Merchandising Customers
WGSN was the first to combine high-end technology with human ingenuity to meet the needs of leading organizations across the industry. Our global team of top industry experts and big data analytics platform support job roles across the business. We help the most creative and innovative businesses deliver the right product at the right time.
Industry Specific Features
Our subscription services and analytic products include in-depth reporting and data on the following:
– Buyers’ Briefings: The key messages & looks, fabric & details, colours & prints for the season.
– Buyers’ Picks: Discover what trends and collections top buyers from around the world are focusing on for the season.
– Brands To Watch: The season’s newest and most exciting brands across product categories including Accessories, Footwear, Intimates, Cut & Sew, Denim, Prints & Graphics, Active and more.
– Consumer Attitudes: Insight into consumer groups and their shopping behaviours, segmented by region and demographic.
– Future Retail Trends: Forward looking trends that are shaping the market place.
– Category Merchandising: In-store design trend analysis and inspiration, across all product categories and regions.
– City by City Travel: City travel guides and trip planning tools.
– Trade Shows: Coverage, analysis and images from major industry trade shows, across all product categories including: Accessories, Footwear, Apparel, Active, Denim, Materials, Prints & Graphics, Packaging, VM and more.
We also offer custom advisory services to help you understand and apply these trends to your business.
From the Blog...
Fashion Retail: The feminist agenda
October 19, 2018 | Isabelle Coates
Fashion Retail: Events that matter
October 12, 2018 | Isabelle Coates
Zara: Retaining product integrity
October 5, 2018 | Isabelle Coates
Black Friday: It’s a gift
September 28, 2018 | Isabelle Coates
Black Friday: Understanding Demand
September 21, 2018 | Isabelle Coates
WGSN Buying & Merchandising Experts
Head of Retail & Product Analysis
Francesca Muston heads WGSN's Retail & Product Analysis team, providing comprehensive analysis across all product areas, including insight into exactly how items are hitting shop floors. Focusing on key products, colours and styling directions, the team also reports on VM trends, international trade shows and city guides tailored for professional travel.
Director of Retail & Buying
Sara graduated with a BA (Hons) in Fashion Styling and Photography from London College of Fashion and has worked as a photographer for publications such as Vogue.it. As Director of Retail & Buying, Sara heads up WGSN's What’s In Store directory, and compiles key reports such as seasonal buyers briefings.