It’s the most renowned music festival in Palm Springs, where fashion is as much a focus as the music. Here’s your what to wear to Coachella guide (2016).
Coachella‘s first weekend just came to an end, with the desert being taken over by LCD Soundsystem, Sia’s beautiful theatrics, Guns N’ Roses, and a surprise appearance from Rihanna during Calvin Harris’ set.
As usual the heat waves were at an all time high, and so cut-off denim and flowing dresses were a must. The beauty looks were all about braids, and when it came to accessories, big brimmed hats were ideal to keep the sun off.
With the second weekend of the festival coming up, WGSN has compiled our favourite street style looks from weekend one, to help you dress accordingly for next weekend’s Party in the USA.
1. Pack your denim shorts (a festival favourite) but swap the traditional band t-shirt for a bodysuit. Throw a big brimmed hat in your suitcase to keep the sun (and sun damage) at bay.
2. Sunglasses are your friend: go bold, go bright.
3. As reported in our Footwear & Accessories street style report from SXSW the Western Bandana is back.
4. Rock a bold print shirt, opt for playful prints such as emoji style cactus imagery.
5. Bright skies call for bold lipsticks, accessorize your makeup accordingly
6. Ignore the naysayers who argue that wearing black in the desert will only make you feel hotter.
7. Denim air vents are a must!
Want more? Here’s how to rock the s/s16 must-have, the off the shoulder top and make your mark here.
Like this? Join WGSN for global womenswear trends, key colour updates and more.