Jan 13, 2017 | By Lizzy Bowring
Feb 05, 2014
It’s that special time of the year again when editors, bloggers, and buyers converge on the streets of the world’s fashion capitals for Fashion Week. Aside from the hoards of photographers rapidly firing away as models strut down the runways, our favorite Instagram users are also filling us in on all the backstage beauty moments, exclusive parties and what the stylish attendees are wearing. Below are our 5 favorite Instagrams to follow for Fashion Week Fall Winter 2014.
1. Mercedes Benz Fashion Week – Mercedes Benz are experts in throwing a great fashion week anywhere in the world- from New York, Miami and Berlin to Australia and Istanbul. Their beautifully shot Instagram gives followers exclusive access to the planning, production and spectacle of fashion week, all year round.
2. Mac Cosmetics – Nothing is more captivating than watching a model getting their makeup done by the top beauty experts in the industry at fashion week. MAC Cosmetics’ Instagram posts up-close backstage beauty shots of their makeup tools, techniques, looks and colors used at the shows they represent each season.
3. Street Pepper – Fashion and street style photographer Phil Oh, Peeper-in-Chief at Streetpeeper.com posts behind-the-scenes and funny moments from fashion week onto his Instagram.
4. VFiles – VFiles’ Instagram looks like the crowd they run with: sassy, subversive and laden with logos and humor. Their youthful and in-the-know image feed keeps one up-to-date with the most coveted labels to wear and parties to attend during fashion week.
5. Stylesight – Follow Stylesight’s Instagram for some heart-stopping fashion week moments, from looks seen on the runway and #stylesightings from the streets to trend analysis and one-on-one interviews with industry experts.
– Veronica So & Shannan Elinor Smith
Know what’s next. Become a WGSN member today to benefit from our daily trend intelligence, retail analytics, consumer insights and bespoke consultancy services.