Dec 06, 2018 | By Quentin Humphrey
Request a demo to see WGSN for yourself.
With exhibitions for print and graphic enthusiasts to a denim archive explored, there is something everyone can get excited about on our monthly global culture calendar…
1. LONDON: BIG BANG DATA (December 3 2015 – February 28 2016)
Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 1LA
Featuring work from over 20 artists, Big Bang Data explores the age of data we live in and the ways in which this is radically changing our lives.
2. MELBOURNE: ANDY WARHOL | AI WEIWEI (December 11 2015 – April 24 2016)
National Gallery of Victoria, 180 St Kilda Road Melbourne
Over 300 works from two of the most significant contemporary artists are showcased with a focus on the parallels between their practices.
3. NEW YORK DENIM: FASHION’S FRONTIER (December 1 2015 – May 7 2016)
Museum at FIT, Seventh Avenue at 27 Street
The exhibition explores denim from its workwear origin to today’s high-fashion styles, with Dries Van Noten and Ralph Lauren’s design as examples.
4. AMSTERDAM: ISA GENZKEN: MACH DICH HUBSCH (November 29 2015 – March 6 2016)
Stedelijk Museum, Museumplein 10, 1071 DJ Amsterdam,
This exhibition will be the largest-ever retrospective of the artist’s work, encompassing the mediums of sculpture, installation, painting and photography.
5. BERLIN: MAX BECKMANN AND BERLIN (November 20 2015 – February 15 2016)
Galerie Museum of Modern Art, Alte Jakobstraße 124-128
The exhibition focuses on the crucial role that the city of Berlin played in Max Beckmann’s Expressionist works.
6. BEIJING YOKO ONO: GOLDEN LADDERS (November 15 2015 – July 3 2016)
Faurschou Foundation, 798 Art District, NO2 Jiuxuanquao Road
The first solo exhibition of renowned Japanese artist Yoko Ono in Beijing.
7. LOS ANGELES: Olga Lah: Amass and Swell (November 7 2015 – February 28 2016)
OCMA, 850 San Clemente Drive
The Orange County Museum of Art presents a major installation by Olga Lah formed with thousands of stacked foam blocks fully immersing and engaging visitors.
8. PORTLAND: Kenny Scharf: Cosmic Cavern (November 5 2015 –April 3 2016)
Portland Art Museum, 1219 SW Park Avenue
Immerse yourself in Scharf’s colourful graffiti world. Inspiring for print and graphics, expect surreal cartoons, futuristic environments and bright, acidic colours.
9. LOS ANGELES: Frank Sinatra and Audrey Hepburn: A Life in Pictures (November 3 2015 – February 6 2016)
Peter Fetterman Gallery, Bergamot Station, Michigan Ave
This exhibition presents 70 photographs and prints by various photographers of iconic stars Frank Sinatra and Audrey Hepburn.
10. NEW YORK: Valérie Belin, Supermodels (October 22 – December 19 2015)
Edwynn Houk Gallery, 745 5th Ave
View large-scale photographs of mannequins superimposed with digitally manipulated graphics, exploring themes of beauty and artifice.
ALWAYS TRAVELLING? Discover the coolest neighbourhoods, must-see stores and best hotels, restaurants and inspiration spots with our incredible City-By-City guides.
Know what’s next. Become a WGSN member today to benefit from our daily trend intelligence, retail analytics, consumer insights and bespoke consultancy services.