Mar 21, 2017 | By Marian Park
Request a demo and see WGSN for yourself.
Oct 29, 2013
When it comes to deciding on a Halloween outfit, the science of striking the perfect balance, or making a decision between scary, funny, culturally relevant and stylish is pretty daunting. That’s why when Spirit Halloween invited us to their flagship store in the West Village, NYC to check out their epic selection of costumes, makeup and truly nightmare-inducing animatronics – we were more than willing to go and get inspired. *Hint: There are no sexy kitten costumes here
1. That’s So Miley. The first display we encounter going into the Spirit Halloween store is a SORRY, SOLD OUT sign for the infamously viral “Twerkin’ Teddy” leotard, as worn by Miley Cyrus at the VMAs this year. A highly controversial, popular and furry choice for those who can twerk. Fortunately for Miley Maniacs, you can still buy it online here.
2. In the Spirit of Halloween – Sometimes, you gotta go classic creepy. Think grim reapers, undead scarecrows, ghouls and crypt keepers. These costumes work particularly well with your pre-existing personal wardrobe if you like distressed fabrics, long layers and wearing masks.
3. D’OH! If you enjoy randomly quoting The Simpsons with your friends, this theme should work pretty well as a group costume. Marge Simpson is a fashionable (and pre-Tumblr!) colored-hair pioneer and if you are skating from party to party, a Bart mask would be simple enough. You might be holding some Duff anyway, so might as well dress for the occasion.
4. The Glam Punk Tee – This is the ultimate party outfit- all in one! It’s a very on-trend trompe l’oeil oversized biker jacket- but with the bonus of various colorful wildlife animal prints mixed in. (Very Kenzo!) We’re a bit dubious about the hairy chest part of the print- but it’s one way to keep warm on a late autumn night.
5. The Danger Zone – A wise man once said, “Live every week like it’s #SharkWeek.” We will, thanks!
– by Veronica So
Know what’s next. Become a WGSN member today to benefit from our daily trend intelligence, retail analytics, consumer insights and bespoke consultancy services.