20 hours ago | By Lourdes Linares
May 05, 2016
By WGSN Insider
When the sun comes out there can be a tendency to reach into your closet for colour, because nothing says summer like burnt orange or yellow right?
Well, not necessarily, if you come from the school of Wednesday Addams aka ‘I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker colour’ you don’t really need to change it that much for the spring/summer months.
At Shanghai’s recent Strawberry Festival (check out the full report on WGSN), monochrome was out in force, offering up serious street style hacks on how to create an Insta-worthy full monochrome look.
Here’s how to style your black and white wardrobe right now:
1. The monochrome print slogan jacket
2. Stripes on stripes, complete with a pool sliders (the summer staple)
3. Mix and match your key black and white key pieces.
4. Ditch all colour and just go head to toe black white…
5. Shop the runway, specifically Moschino’s A/W16 catwalk, to bring your monochrome look up to date.
6. Streetwear monochrome, bring the 90s back.
7. Don’t want to give up the 70s boho look? Ditch colourful print kaftans for black and white colourways.
Want more? Here’s the one key accessory you NEED in your closet this season here.
Like this? Join WGSN for global womenswear trends, key colour updates and more.
Know what’s next. Become a WGSN member today to benefit from our daily trend intelligence, retail analytics, consumer insights and bespoke consultancy services.