Jul 18, 2018 | By Laura Welch
Request a demo to experience WGSN.
If you’ve been following along, you’ve noticed that London Fashion Week has been just as fun, crazy and hectic as New York was last week! Here are a few of our favorite writers covering the shows:
1. Hilary Alexander for The Telegraph – Britain’s Telegraph has a whole team of writers covering all things fashion. Lisa Armstrong is the talented fashion editor and she tells stories behind the shows in the rush of fashion week, while Luke Leitch details what’s coming down the runways with a cheeky sense of humor. Follow Telegraph‘s coverage of fashion week with fashion director Hilary Alexander @HilaryAlexander
2. Susie Bubble – Susanna Lau – Susie’s coverage focuses on all the details big and small, with lots of shots of the things you wouldn’t normally notice or get a good enough look at. Commentary is friendly, observant and fun, pulling in references and giving details to bring the shows to life.
3. Vanessa Friedman – Vanessa’s blog, Deals, approaches the fashion industry and subject of dress from a corporate and consumer point of view. Her pieces are interesting, intellectual and informative.
4. Briony Whitehouse – Australian born, London and Cambridge living Briony Whitehouse is a senior political advisor by day and a fashion writer by night. She covers London fashion week via her blog and social media, with both her enthusiasm for fashion and existence outside the full-time fashion bubble making her writing stand out.
5. Yasmin Sewell – Yasmin’s instagram feed is a delight to follow, as she’s always close to the action and always has a fun, relatable quip to share. Her record in the trend and retail industry has earned her the respect and admiration of many and her style has garnered a fan cult that’s particularly fierce during fashion week.
6. Gemma Cartwright – has been covering Fashion Week since 2005 and has a keen insight into how coverage is evolving in the online world. She recently reported her plans for London’s Fashion Week: “I’m moving my focus towards backstage access, designer exclusives, in-depth show reports of designers I know our readers are interested in, and shopping recommendations/ways that non-industry people can get involved.”
Know what’s next. Become a WGSN member today to benefit from our daily trend intelligence, retail analytics, consumer insights and bespoke consultancy services.