Jul 17, 2018 | By Olivia Barnes
Request a demo and see WGSN for yourself.
Jan 31, 2014
When it comes to dressing up and embracing fashion trends with dizzying youthful abandon, Japanese kids seem to take it to a competitive level in their own pattern clashing, mix-and-matching, culture jamming style. The Youth Team shares 5 of the best Japanese street style blogs from this week’s Japanese Street Style Tumblrs report on Stylesight.
1. Happytimefunblog focuses on all the colorful and trendy details found in Japanese street style looks, including jewelry, shoes, prints and hair color.
2. Tokyo Faces is a collaborative Japanese street style blog by Swedish journalist Said Karlsson and photographer Lola Rose. The Tokyo Faces Tumblr features a selection of vivid photographs of creative people, with their own sense of style, roaming the streets of Tokyo.
3. The F*ck Yeah Drop Tokyo Tumblr features the best images from fashionably elite Japanese street style blog Drop Tokyo. Known for it’s discerning taste, the street style content posted here is always directional, upcoming and taken at all the right parties.
4. “Froitas”references “Fruits,” one the original and most well-known of Japanese street style publications. The Froitas Tumblr posts the most memorable and iconic Fruits magazine scans from a fan’s archived collection.
5. Fine and Fancy is a Japanese street style Tumblr for those who love feminine, soft and pretty looks. The blog also posts magical illustrations and charming accessories that come hand-in-hand with this doll-like subculture.
Know what’s next. Become a WGSN member today to benefit from our daily trend intelligence, retail analytics, consumer insights and bespoke consultancy services.