Jul 17, 2017 | By Marian Park
Request a demo and see WGSN for yourself.
Petite Meller occupies that wonderful space between fashion and music. When she’s not sat front row at Paris Fashion week, she’s making dream like sounds for her fans. Her style reflects her sound, enchanting, ethereal, and almost fairy like, with her trademark rosy cheeks.
Last spring, before everyone realised just how fabulous she was, I caught up with her for an exclusive interview, as part of our icon series, and chatted at length to the popstar, about life, style and music.
Here’s five things we learnt (check out the full interview below):
1. She loves vinyl music, particularly jazz by Duke Ellington.
2. She mixes music and politics, making a track inspired by the Bring Back our Girls campaign.
3. She writes songs anywhere at any time, she wrote her track Backpack in the back of a taxi.
4. Her rosy cheeks reflect the time she was sunburnt as a child.
5. She loves vintage bathing suits.
Love Fashion? Love Youth culture? Join WGSN here for in-depth reports on key trends, influencers and what the future holds.
Know what’s next. Become a WGSN member today to benefit from our daily trend intelligence, retail analytics, consumer insights and bespoke consultancy services.