11 hours ago | By Allyson Rees
Apr 05, 2016
Selfridges’ new Body Studio will be the new hot destination says Katie May Atkinson and Jo Lynch.
1. It’s massive! The new space takes up most of the top floor with 37,000 sq ft of new space, making it the store’s largest department. Presenting lingerie, lounge, sleepwear, swimwear, hosiery and sportswear in a airy light chic space with brass detailing, oak flooring and textured glass.
2. The knicker bar! Pick and mix knickers from brands such as Calvin Klein and Hanky Panky were shown in candy colours making us feel like Spring has arrived.
3. The Hemsley and Hemsley café! The amazing Hemsley sisters bring their ‘wellness begins from within’ concept to their very first (long awaited) café.
4. The mannequins! Seen in athletic poses and layered with a mix of activewear and lace lingerie, the styling was on point.
5. The Fit Studio! For the first time you can book online to make an appointment with one of the professional fitters, the fit studio gives off a strong Mad Men vibe – if Don Draper did bra fittings, this would be the place.
Love Fitness? Love Activewear? Join WGSN here for in-depth reports on key trends, influencers and what the future holds for activewear.
Know what’s next. Become a WGSN member today to benefit from our daily trend intelligence, retail analytics, consumer insights and bespoke consultancy services.