May 08, 2017 | By Carlene Thomas Bailey
Get more with a WGSN membership. Click for a demo.
Oct 09, 2013
By Theresa Yee
Our Ska-girl crush has elevated to full-on obsession thanks to this latest beauty news: Gwen Stefani is set to debut a nail polish collection inspired by her punky style and – yes — her music.
Seven new limited edition nail lacquers are set to delight and excite No Doubt and Stefani lovers for 2014, including a bold red lacquer that pays homage to Gwen’s signature red lip look, a new semi-matte satin finish in shades of gold and black and a mirrored chrome paired with a special base coat.
OPI executive VP and artistic director Suzi Weiss-Fischmann was inspired by the 2013 Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute Gala’s theme “Punk: Chaos to Couture,” and decided to create a collection of lacquer celebrating the role of music as a major influence in fashion.
I personally can’t wait to try on these nail names:
– “Over & Over A-Gwen” (a bold red that’s available in a boxed set with Swarovski black crystals and silver, gold and pewter studs in bar, square, diamond and circle shapes, plus nail glue (!!!)
– “Love.Angel.Music.Baby” and “4 in the Morning” (semi-matte finishes)
– “Push and Shove” (a high-impact chrome, that wears longer with complimentary base coat, “Lay Down that Base.”)
– “Hey Baby” and “I Sing in Color” ( glossy crème lacquers)
– “In True Stefani Fashion” (a need-it-now sparkly glitter shade)
The Gwen Stefani x OPI nail laquer collection will be sold in Spring 2014 at Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret and ULTA for $9 each. The boxed set including Over & Over A-Gwen and SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS will retail for $14.95 per set (at professional salons in January 2014).
— Glynnis Mapp, Stylesight Beauty Editor
Know what’s next. Become a WGSN member today to benefit from our daily trend intelligence, retail analytics, consumer insights and bespoke consultancy services.