May 23, 2017 | By Carla Buzasi
Sep 29, 2015
Here at WGSN Lifestyle and Interiors, we’re always delighted to hop across to Bologna for Cersaie. It’s a beautiful and inspiring way to wrap up the summer – but this year, the warmth is all inside trade show. One of the most striking trends as we walk through the halls is all surfaces look richly textured, feeling soft and warm to the touch.
Before the full coverage goes live on WGSN Lifestyle & Interiors next week, this is a preview of what we got most excited about: five bathroom and tiling brands who are capturing and executing the trend brilliantly…
1. Moab 80 is our first highlight of the day. A young brand that mixes matte glass surfaces with matte tiles and rich, exotic-looking woods. The lines are very clean and contemporary but the visually warm finishes keep pieces soft and welcoming.
2. Piero Lissoni designed the “Warm collection” for Kerakoll Design House, previewed at the show for the very first time. The stand is conceived as an actual house, with all surfaces within the rooms composed of the brand’s innovative materials, from cement and resin to parquet. The soft, neutral colour range is so sophisticated walls seem to blend seamlessly into floors and vice-versa. Even the kitchen tiles are ever so slightly irregular, so the imperfect look adds warmth to the tonal environment.
3. Refined solid woods combine with veined or mottled natural stones at Itlas, another Italian brand who knows how to turn a bathroom into a warm and welcoming environment. Although the materials are sculpted into straight, geometric lines, their tactility keeps them from looking too minimal. It’s like the chalet look but with lines that could work in any urban home.
4. Vanities mimic concretes and natural stones at Ideagroup, with a grain that feels satisfyingly rocky to the touch. Can you imagine your own pampering treats in place of these props?
5. While matte ceramic sinks are all the rage this year at the show, Hatria innovates with a contrasting bassin. The inside is glazed, while the outer edge is bare stoneware. The best of both worlds, we say.
LIFESTYLE, DECODED: From interiors to food to the way we live now and why, our lifestyle and interiors experts can keep you ahead of what’s next. Sound good? Join WGSN.
Know what’s next. Become a WGSN member today to benefit from our daily trend intelligence, retail analytics, consumer insights and bespoke consultancy services.