Stylesight presents the rundown of scheduled events for Denim Days in Amsterdam next week.
Next week (May 7-10), Amsterdam will be turning a decided hue of indigo with the debut of Denim Days, a series of industry trade shows and denim events throughout the city.
By now our readers will no doubt have heard about the forthcoming denim event of the year, Denim Days in Europe’s official denim capital, Amsterdam. Hosted by House of Denim, Modefabriek and HTNK, the debut showcase offers denim heads from all over the industry a four day schedule packed with exciting trade shows, events and parties in this indigo bonanza. Major names and brands like Adriano Goldschmied, Jason Denham, G-Star, Scotch & Soda as well as a whole list of denim brands, producers, consumers, press will descend upon Westergasfabriek near the city centre for the three major events that include Kingpins, Blueprint and a special city center program of activities in and around the most important denim stores.
So to make sure you don’t miss out on the denim party of the year, we’ve plowed through the extensive list to give you the one-step guide to the best denim events happening across the the city next week:
1 – Kingpins show (May 7th & 8th) The international denim fabric trade show from NYC, LA and Hong Kong lands in Europe for the first time. In celebration of its debut Stylesight will be presenting two trend seminars offering a unique insight into the trends and developments affecting the denim market, as well as a small exhibition where we will feature handcrafted one-of-a-kind pieces from some of our favorite designers from around the world. (Professionals and invite only)
2 – Blueprint (May 9th & 10th) The dedicated denim room within Modefabriek presents a selection of high profile international denim brands as well as local Dutch artisanal labels. Open to everyone, this show offers denim lovers a variety of brand presentations, exhibitions and workshops from some of the most inspiring names in the market. Get your Blueprint tickets here: http://bit.ly/1hbZ4Sw
- Kings Of Indigo & Textielfabrique will be hosting a natural indigo dye workshop (there are only a few spots left so sign up at www.kingsofindigo.com)
- Renowned denim collector Antonio Di Battista will be exhibiting a selection of his unique vintage collection.
- Indigo Rooster exhibition by Levi’s Vintage Clothing’s Miles Johnson presenting rare one-of-a-kind piecess from his personal archive
- Better with Age: Denham x Butcher of Blue: Dutch locals Jason Denham and Bob Rijnders present their ongoing collab with a range of innovative “wear pattern diaries”, exhibited with beautiful worn in denim and key items of the collaborative collection with support from the “Service Co.” Repair Service.
- Kanako B. Koga, fashion director of CODE magazine will be giving indigo origami workshops at the HTNK StoryStore
- Tulp Jeans, Indigo People & Toile de Chine will also be present at the HTNK StoryStore.
- Also look out for the Elle Denim Bible that will be available at the show.
3 – City Center Program (May 7th-10th), a special Denim Days program carried out throughout Amsterdam, with a range of events and activities in and around the most important denim stores in the capital. Some of the must-see events include:
- Vintage Market by Miles Johnson, Jason Denham, Nudie Jeans, Flashback Vintage (from Canada) and Best of Brands.
- Facing West’s exhibition at de Bijenkorf department store on Dam Square
- Join The Denim Run on their tour trough the participating denim stores in the City Centre program! Subscribe now: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pepe Jeans London are offering visitors a chance to customize their denim garments with the Pepe Jeans Custom Studio with their unique laser print machine.