Apr 19, 2017 | By Gemma Riberti
Experience Lifestyle & Interiors on WGSN.
Jan 09, 2017
As the New Year kicks off, many of us will be thinking about setting and achieving goals for 2017, I know I have been. This year is all about me (not in an egotistical way) more the self-love, staying true and making yourself a priority kinda way.
Let’s commit to making bitesize goals, and go kick-ass! Grab your diaries and note down these five Instagram accounts to get you motivated not just for 2017, but for life!
1. Owner of skincare brand Folie Apothecary, co-founder of Urban Brush Babes, wife and mom, Nikisha Brunson is a creative entrepreneur and a true role model for all women. Nikisha shares her tips on how to stay motivated when working out, natural skincare, haircare and self care. Her feed is about health, well being and staying true to your authentic self.
2. Keeping in line with the positive vibes, my second account is Cleo Wade. A Insta-famous poet and speaker who creates empowering messages and shares them on her account. Positive quotes come to life with a raw honesty, spreading messages of self-love, kindness and racial equality. From hand-painted to type-writer fronts, these straight-up readings are inspiring the future of feminism and promoting self care.
3. One of my NY’s resolutions is to take up running (and a dance class, still deciding between salsa and hip hop…maybe I should just try both?) who better to get me inspired than Bex Walker. Her post on top hacks to stay active past January, has really inspired me to stay committed to these goals. I love her feed, not just because of the yummy brekkie pots, authentic and realistic captions, but she embodies her ethics, not just in training for herself, but she is teaching her young daughter about self-love and eating healthy.
If she can manage a full-time career, running a blog and packing in exercise, and being a super-hero ( mumming around), I think we can all manage to squeeze in some daily exercise.
4. Inspired by the awesome Womenswear team, I present to you Frankie & Clo. This Insta account is fueled by a growing number of collaborations between of fashion designers, hair and make up artists, models and photographers. Their philosophy is all about bringing fashion producers and consumers closer together, through sharing content and creating a community.
I love the curated feed of elegant silhouettes and bold colours, which are defining the minimal maximalism movement. If you wanna fuse nostalgic influences with a modern twist, then this is one!
5. With Pantone’s Colour of the Year, Greenery and Instagram’s obsession with plants: it only seems fitting to highlight one of my fave lifestyle and design blog, Haarkon. Photographers Magnus and India’s Instagram is filled with plants and greenery in urban spaces.
If you are looking for inspiration on how to add some plants into your life, easy, just follow Haarkon.
Want to make your interior goals come true? Head to WGSN Lifestyle & Interiors, where you can find comprehensive forecast and directions reports.
Know what’s next. Become a WGSN member today to benefit from our daily trend intelligence, retail analytics, consumer insights and bespoke consultancy services.